Zenith Chronomaster: Anthracite Dial Visibility ??
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Zenith Chronomaster: Anthracite Dial Visibility ??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Zenith Chronomaster: Anthracite Dial Visibility ??

Hi am considering a Zenith Chronomaster 38 MM (12.45 MM thickness edition) as my next chronometer. I have not seen yet in person any of the chronomaster pieces, have seen them on pictures in silver, blue and anthracite colors. At least on pictures am attracted to the anthracite color, which seems to be less common / not that many offered for sale, at least on the used market. If anyone here has one or have seen it in person, how's the visibility of the dial compared to the blue and the silver?

Thanks,

Francisco

Last edited by fskywalker; 2 Weeks Ago at 15:56.
    Francisco
    Ω 2535.80 / 3592.50 / 2232.30 / 2504.52 / 168.022
    16610 / 18239

Re: Zenith Chronomaster: Anthracite Dial Visibility ??

I have an anthracite dial and I have a silver dial and I don't notice any significant difference in legibility between the two. The hands have a thick enough lume stripe in the middle where they don't get lost on either dial.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    fskywalker and gossler like this.

Quote Originally Posted by natesen View Post
    I have an anthracite dial and I have a silver dial and I don't notice any significant difference in legibility between the two. The hands have a thick enough lume stripe in the middle where they don't get lost on either dial.

Thanks for sharing the information! Can you please post a few pictures of the anthracite dial one in lower lighting to see how it looks? If you were to have just one Chronomaster which dial would you choose among silver and anthracite?

Thanks,

Francisco
    Francisco
    16610 / 18239

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I only have pics under the natural light at the moment but will try to take some in more flat lighting. Each color has its advantages which is why I ended up with 2... So it's personal opinion as they are both nice.

I prefer the color of the anthracite to the silver as it is a more unique dial color overall. And the Sunburst treatment is very pronounced in the light which really pops. But the disadvantage is that it is more of a flat Grey under drab lighting and the 30 minute counter subdial also being Grey doesn't have much contrast.

The silver is a more common dial color but it looks good in all light conditions... I would say more neutral as it doesn't pop as much in the natural light but it isn't as drab indoors. What I like about the silver is that all 3 colored subdials stand out more and have contrast to the to the silver dial.

So all personal preference at the end of the day. My personal preference was to have both :)

I'll try to take a few more pics when I have a chance.

fskywalker likes this.

I only have pics under the natural light at the moment but will try to take some in more flat lighting. Each color has its advantages which is why I ended up with 2... So it's personal opinion as they are both nice.

I prefer the color of the anthracite to the silver as it is a more unique dial color overall. And the Sunburst treatment is very pronounced in the light which really pops. But the disadvantage is that it is more of a flat Grey under drab lighting and the 30 minute counter subdial also being Grey doesn't have much contrast.

The silver is a more common dial color but it looks good in all light conditions... I would say more neutral as it doesn't pop as much in the natural light but it isn't as drab indoors. What I like about the silver is that all 3 colored subdials stand out more and have contrast to the to the silver dial.

So all personal preference at the end of the day. My personal preference was to have both :)

I'll try to take a few more pics when I have a chance.

Thanks, appreciate your input and the extra pictures when you can!
    Francisco
    16610 / 18239

Why did you decide to have both? I currently own the chronomaster open as yours... and I am interested in another zenith!
    fskywalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gossler View Post
    Why did you decide to have both? I currently own the chronomaster open as yours... and I am interested in another zenith!
    It wasn't necessarily a planned decision. I had the open one for years and love it and i came across a used anthracite at a descent price so it was a spontaneous purchase. Figured anthracite and traditional closed dial was different enough to justify. In the long run when I need to sell to make room for a new watch most likely 1 of them will go.

fskywalker likes this.

Here are some pics under dim lighting and with zero direct light on the dial and indoors.

fskywalker likes this.

Here are some pics under dim lighting and with zero direct light on the dial and indoors.

Looks good as you said, thanks!

Now the hunt for a nice used 38 mm Anthracite dial (either older or newer sub dial layout) with the older MK1 case (12.45 mm thickness) on the steel bracelet begins!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Francisco
    16610 / 18239

No problem, good luck with the search!

fskywalker likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information