Zenith with condensation under crystal
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Zenith with condensation under crystal

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Zenith with condensation under crystal

Hey Folks, my new to me El Primero has condensation under the crystal. The blue dial on the chronograph also looks like it got specks on it too, it should be replaced in my opinion. It has only been exposed to hand washing. I sent it into Zenith NJ as instructed by customer service on the phone with a copy of the warranty and original sales receipt. I have now read horror stories about the NJ service center since sending it back. I bought it from a guy who flipped it for a Rolex. Should I have any issues with the warranty and how should I go about it if they say it was my fault?
    Also is anyone having issues with the Zenith site trying to register your watch? I have not been able to create one because the captcha does not work.
    fskywalker likes this.
    Rolex Submariner 14060
    Omega Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00
    Hamilton Intra-Matic
    Fortis Cosmonaut A.M.
    Zenith El Primero Charles Vermot LE
    Bulova Moon Watch
    Seiko SKX007

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: Zenith with condensation under crystal

Bad luck! As far as the warranty goes, if they state 3 bar (or even 5 bar) waterprotection and it doesn't even stand up to a dunking under the tap, they shouldn't have a leg to stand on. I am not sure how the NJ service centre is these days, others might be able to tell you more. Good luck in getting it fixed.

Hartmut Richter
    fskywalker likes this.

I just got an update. The entire watch will be overhauled at no cost to me. It seems everything will be replaced except for the case.
    I called and asked for a free rubber strap for my troubles with a brand new watch. He checked with his supervisor and said no. It didn’t hurt to ask since I’m without my watch and I had to pay to send it in with insurance.

The dial and hands are on back order so this might be a while.
    fskywalker likes this.
    Rolex Submariner 14060
    Hamilton Intra-Matic
    Fortis Cosmonaut A.M.
    Bulova Moon Watch
    Seiko SKX007

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Thanks for the feedback. It's good that the whole thing will be sorted out at no further cost but hard luck on the strap and the fact that you will be without the watch for so long. You are right on the strap: it was worth a try.

Hartmut Richter
    fskywalker likes this.

It bugs me when the buyer has to take on the cost of shipping due to a defective watch if it’s on the manufacturer’s warranty. They should be paying for that. Could you not have brought it back to the shop where you bought it and have them return it?
    fskywalker and trappster like this.

The original shop is in North Carolina. You can take it to any Zenith AD for shipping. The downside is that the AD then becomes the middle man. Zenith will tell them what’s going on and then they will call you. I just cut the middle man out and took it upon myself. I do like that Omega on the other hand sends a prepaid box for you to ship your watch back. Zenith could stand to learn something if they are a top tier watch company in my eyes.
    fskywalker likes this.
    Rolex Submariner 14060
    Hamilton Intra-Matic
    Fortis Cosmonaut A.M.
    Bulova Moon Watch
    Seiko SKX007

Quote Originally Posted by scorpius73 View Post
    The original shop is in North Carolina. You can take it to any Zenith AD for shipping. The downside is that the AD then becomes the middle man. Zenith will tell them what’s going on and then they will call you. I just cut the middle man out and took it upon myself. I do like that Omega on the other hand sends a prepaid box for you to ship your watch back. Zenith could stand to learn something if they are a top tier watch company in my eyes.
    Omega does that!? Terrific, that’s the way it should be done. Every time I hear something good about a brand’s service practices it makes me twice as likely to buy the next time I see a model that I like... *ahem* in case anybody in the industry is listening.

Update!

I got my Zenith back last night via FEDEX. Zenith sucks! There is no quality control. None. My zenith had the newer dial with all of the minute markers. They installed an older one. It also has dust on it. There was crud on the back of the watch which I scraped away. There are also two small nicks on the underside which I assume the tech missed a screw. I am livid that I waited 2 months and they completely screwed it up. The wrong dial.

I needed to vent. I already emailed Zenith and I am waiting to call as well. I'd rather it goes back to Switzerland and not to New Jersey at this point.
    Rolex Submariner 14060
    Hamilton Intra-Matic
    Fortis Cosmonaut A.M.
    Bulova Moon Watch
    Seiko SKX007

This is really horrible news. I can't understand how can this happen to companies that sell premium products for super premium prices.
    I love Zenith designs and i'm thinking about getting one next year but stories like this make me think twice. There are other watch makers that are doing things better.
    Panerai Luminor 0000 Logo
    Tudor North flag
    Laco Leipzig Erbstuck
    Mido Multifort
    Seiko SDGM003
    EMG DL63
    Poljot Aviator IV
    Orient Ray (blue)
    Orient Bambino IV blue

Do you have any pics? I am curious to see a new dial versus the old one? Also I get that the water/moisture got under the crystal but since you didn’t buy it new you never know if the prior owner showered with the crown out, etc.
    fskywalker likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information