Zenith Defy Cassaforte del Tempo

Thread: Zenith Defy Cassaforte del Tempo

Zenith Defy Cassaforte del Tempo

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share with you my vintage Zenith defy- Cassaforte del Tempo (the safe of time), including the original guarantee booklet. It looks very similar to the Zenith defy A3651- the model with the blue dial, but I haven't come across many defy watches with this colour. Does anyone have more info regarding the movement and reference? And how many pieces were produced with this dial specifically.

Thank you in advance!

Have a nice weekend,
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Zenith Defy Cassaforte del Tempo

Quote Originally Posted by Zenithconnoisseur View Post
    Hello everyone,

I wanted to share with you my vintage Zenith defy- Cassaforte del Tempo (the safe of time), including the original guarantee booklet. It looks very similar to the Zenith defy A3651- the model with the blue dial, but I haven't come across many defy watches with this colour. Does anyone have more info regarding the movement and reference? And how many pieces were produced with this dial specifically.

Thank you in advance!

Have a nice weekend,
    A close-up of the sunburst dial Name:  IMG_20200328_131022.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  68.5 KB

Sent from my BV9500Plus using Tapatalk

Attached more close up pictures Name:  IMG_20200328_134357.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  64.7 KBName:  IMG_20200328_134500.jpg
Size:  93.9 KBName:  IMG_20200328_134416.jpg
Size:  82.1 KB

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Congrats on your Zenith Defy. Welcome to the forum.

This is the fairly rare reference A 3651. A model with sunken indices and blue dial, but the blue colour often gets lost.

Yours is either a redial or it has lost the blue colour in a remarkably even fashion. It has surely been (re)lumed.

The movement is most likely a cal. 2552 PC. Few were made with cal. 2562 PC. My estimate would be that a total of 3000 pieces were made.

Is that the original guarantee booklet, does it include the case number and the date of sale? Or is it a blank booklet, which was possibly intended for a gold model, going by the colour of the booklet.
    Vanitas vanitatum et omnia vanitas, praeter ...

Thank you ! I own quite a few vintage Zenith pieces so will try to post more frequently. This piece just puzzled me because I only have seen blue dials in auctions and only a few that discoloured to something close to this colour- more "tropical". If I look closely at the dial it just seems perfect , just like my Zenith af/p cal 405 which I know for a matter of fact is 100 percent authentic - they have a similar fond and both a very detailed "sunburst" aspect without an obvious layer of paint. Can redials be of such high quality nowadays? Normally I find them rather easy to spot in obvious cases. I was aware of the relume.

As for the booklet, it came with the watch from a dealer, but is blanco. So I cannot make any statements regarding the provenance.

Friendly greetings,

Thread Information