Zenith El primero chronomaster 38mm Thickness? - Page 2
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Zenith El primero chronomaster 38mm Thickness?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Zenith El primero chronomaster 38mm Thickness?

Quote Originally Posted by Knisse View Post
    @ Hartmut Richter
    Quiet obvious that i do not own the watch.

@transporter305 thank you! Did you measure your own or?
    No, just the official number. Mine is with Zenith service center at the moment for some minor adjustment, but I don’t even have a tool for such precise measurement. Lets see if the other guy gets his batteries. Now I’m also curious to know))

@Hartmut Richter Perhaps it is Ben Clymers hands? No idea actually, but it is a possibility as the picture is from Hodinkee - only shown to get a reference point so that everyone here knows exactly what watch i am taking about. Again, i could look up on the interweb and search for thickness - it is just my experience when i purchased my last watch that there was tremendous differences all over the internet. My IWC MARK XVI went from 10mm to almost 14mm some places. To me thickness is a very important so i ask people that actually own the watch, hence why i am here right now . To help in my - long - purchase decisions.

Again, it feels weird, you simply just come across as hostile and argumentative. Im more and more baffled why you act this way as a moderator.

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

I don't wish to be hostile, at the same time, I don't want to take this lying down. In my more recent posts, I tried to explain my train of thought. If it had been a standard, sterile picture, there would have been no comment like my original one - from me and very likely from noone else. And yes, you do frequently have such comments coming from other members too.

Your initial post combined a) a picture that, even only in a subtle way, contained a little more information than your bog-standard sales picture with b) an extremely terse request. And the combination of the two sometimes sets peoples' minds reeling. If you had given more information from the start (e.g. "I pinched this picture from the internet....." or "I'm thinking of getting this watch....."), you would not have garnered my reply.

Yes, I will fully admit that my comment represented a little dig at yourself and could have been done without. If I had been able to anticipate the reaction it caused from you, I would have left it out - I am not here to deliberately insult or hurt people. At the same time, I am (here and otherwise) not extremely politically correct or otherwise overly cautious just in case I might else offend people. Jokes are a part of life, they are certainly part of my life, and all jokes offend someone in some way. Yet, if you suppress them in order to avoid all people from being offended, life would be very boring. And in case you are wondering, I have in my time on this forum also been on the receiving end of the odd dig. I generally just laugh it off. And on reflection, I don't think that my initial comment was terribly offensive, only slightly. If you think that it was, then that somewhat saddens me. But in such a case, maybe you ought to get some neutral opinions. If the majority think "Really nasty!", I am wiling to apologise. If the majority say "Yeah, a little personal, but so what?", I would feel largely vindicated.

On the subject of moderators vs. the rest, then yes, moderators should act a little more cautiously. However, we are not here only to police the fora - we are allowed, and even expected, to participate in the general discussion. All of the moderators do this in their spare time and get no cash for their work. If the site owners or the members expected them to stick to sterile replies in case they migh tread on someone's toes, 90% of the moderators would surely be out through the door.

Lastly, if you still feel offended by my comment to an unbearable degree and/or if you feel my replies and explanations are not good enough and/or you believe that my behaviour here or in general on this forum is not acceptable for a moderator, then please feel free to report it to the administration (use the little "Report post" triangle at the bottom left of the post in question). I will not stand in your way - on the contrary, if the issue is too big in your opinion that you can live with it, I would actually urge you to do so. I myself have not and will not report(ed) the post, thus demonstrating that (i) I think that your reaction is not excessively unreasonable and (ii) I believe that we can still reach a concensus without external involvement. But you may think differently.

Hartmut Richter
    Persecki likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Measured mine with a set of calipers. Drumroll... 13.8mm from bottom to the top of the dome. The official thickness is probably without the crystal, which is quite tall. Still one of the thinnest chronographs around, but if you want something even thinner around the same size, check out the Blancpain Leman or a Speedy Reduced, both are in the 12mm range (although granted I have never measured these myself).

I'd definitely try one on if you can. These watches sit very low on the wrist and wear quite thin and compact because of the lug shape.
    transporter305 and Knisse like this.
    Rolex Submariner 14060M
    Zenith Chronomaster El Primero "Original 1969" 03.2150.400/69.M2150
    Omega Constellation Automatic Chronometer 368.1201
    1965 Tissot Seastar Handwind
    Tissot Luxury Automatic Powermatic 80 Chronometer T086.408.16.051.00
    Swatch Irony Body & Soul

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan356 View Post
    Measured mine with a set of calipers. Drumroll... 13.8mm from bottom to the top of the dome. The official thickness is probably without the crystal, which is quite tall. Still one of the thinnest chronographs around, but if you want something even thinner around the same size, check out the Blancpain Leman or a Speedy Reduced, both are in the 12mm range (although granted I have never measured these myself).

I'd definitely try one on if you can. These watches sit very low on the wrist and wear quite thin and compact because of the lug shape.
    Awesome, very nice, thank you! So disappointed, that the official measurement is not correct. Kind of strange if they forget that the crystal has some height as well.

Not sure what to do from here. I am definitely looking for something blue, but 13,8mm is quite tall. Chronograph is not neccessarily a requirement, but thank you for the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Knisse View Post
    Awesome, very nice, thank you! So disappointed, that the official measurement is not correct. Kind of strange if they forget that the crystal has some height as well.

Not sure what to do from here. I am definitely looking for something blue, but 13,8mm is quite tall. Chronograph is not neccessarily a requirement, but thank you for the suggestion.
    Have you considered the Zenith Defy Classic?
    Name:  Image-101.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  1.77 MB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information