Zenith El primero chronomaster 38mm Thickness?
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Zenith El primero chronomaster 38mm Thickness?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Zenith El primero chronomaster 38mm Thickness?

Hi guys,

Can anyone give me the exact thickness of this watch?

Name:  Skærmbillede 2019-07-01 kl. 21.24.57.png
Views: 91
Size:  917.9 KB

Thanks!

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: Zenith El primero chronomaster 38mm Thickness?

Is that your watch?! In that case, I would advise you to measure it.....

If not, then others might chime in. I don't own one. I would suspect, though, that it's rather slim for a chronograph. Ca. 12mm would be my bet. The base movement is 6.5mm, my Cal. 410 is 7.5mm and the watch it's in is ca. 13-14mm high.

Hartmut Richter

Quote Originally Posted by Knisse View Post
    Hi guys,

Can anyone give me the exact thickness of this watch?

Name:  Skærmbillede 2019-07-01 kl. 21.24.57.png
Views: 91
Size:  917.9 KB

Thanks!
    12.45mm. You’re welcome!
    thisisjlai likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

@ Hartmut Richter
    Quiet obvious that i do not own the watch.

@transporter305 thank you! Did you measure your own or?

@ Hartmut Richter
    Quiet obvious that i do not own the watch.
    How would I know that? It is not stated - and you'd be surprised at how many idiotic questions we've had here on the forum in the past! When you've been around here for as long as I have, you are always prepared for the worst.....

Hartmut Richter
    Last edited by Hartmut Richter; 2 Weeks Ago at 23:09.

Official thickness is 12.45 but I just took a look at mine and with the dome of the crystal it’s a full mm thicker. More like 13.45. Battery is dead in my digital caliper, so I’m eyeballing but certainly over 13mm.

@Hartmut Richter

Then why not just skip and dont post in threads like this? I am quite surprised that a Moderator would make such comments, as it doesnt help anything besides that you come across as kind of an ........ I understand that numerous idiotic questions might have taken its toll, but just dont post

Quote Originally Posted by WristWretch View Post
    Official thickness is 12.45 but I just took a look at mine and with the dome of the crystal it’s a full mm thicker. More like 13.45. Battery is dead in my digital caliper, so I’m eyeballing but certainly over 13mm.
    Cheers! Post check the exact measurements once you get new batteries, would be quite nice of you. Do you have the blue one as well? If you do i would highly appriciate some pictures. I own the IWC Mark XVI black dial, but i would like something that would pair well with a dark brown strap so i am in the market for something like this Zenith in blue. I am just worried as some pictures and videos of it makes it appear thicker than 12.45mm.. Not sure i can pull off 13.45mm thickness.. Quite worried in this regard.

are the 39mm and 42mm versions of this watch the same thickness? the larger watch has the date at 6 o'clock. to me, this classic look is the one to own.

@krh7
    The 42mm looks great in pictures! But the one i am after is the 38mm, my wrist is not that big so the 42mm version would look massive on my wrist. Again my only worries with the 38mm is the thickness - that it might look ill-proportioned

@Hartmut Richter

Then why not just skip and dont post in threads like this? I am quite surprised that a Moderator would make such comments, as it doesnt help anything besides that you come across as kind of an ........ I understand that numerous idiotic questions might have taken its toll, but just dont post
    Then let me ask: whose hand is holding that watch? And even if it isn't yours (which I would by now presume), then who took the picture? If it was you yourself, then you must have had some sort of access to the watch at the time. And if you forgot to measure it then, you could ask whoever owns the watch (unless it was a fleeting acquaintance).....

Most of the time, when such requests come, we see a generic picture of the watch in question, pulled from the internet, possibly even from the Zenith website (i.e. some sort of "Sales" picture, without anything other than the watch). With the one you posted, you should be prepared for comments like mine. Quite apart from which, I didn't just leave that comment but went a little further, giving a reasonable estimate that wasn't far off from the true value.

Hartmut Richter
    Persecki likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information