zenith el primero parts.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hartmut Richter

Thread: zenith el primero parts.

zenith el primero parts.

I have a zenith el primero pilot chronograph. REF. 03.2117.4002

Recently the crown broke off. Does anyone know where I can find parts for this watch and is it easy enough to replace myself? It does appear that the piece the crown is attached to broke off and currently is stuck inside the crown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: zenith el primero parts.

I would say "Forget it!", at least as far as the DIY job is concerned. You need fine tools, plus parts which you may not be able to get. I am not sure whether the winding stem (you need a new one since the old one's broken and a bit of it stuck in the crown) is the same as for the Cal. 400 (or 3019 PHC, as is the old designation) but would point out that the Cal. 4002 has no date and the Cal. 400 does, so I suspect there may well be some difference. If my assumption is correct, your chances of getting a replacement without going to Zenith and paying for the full job are minimal. As for the crown, you may be able to drill that out but you need to be very careful to retain the screw thread in the crown. On the whole, a job for the pro, even if it is an independent and not quite as expensive pro. Good luck!

Hartmut Richter

Quote Originally Posted by Hartmut Richter View Post
    I would say "Forget it!", at least as far as the DIY job is concerned. You need fine tools, plus parts which you may not be able to get. I am not sure whether the winding stem (you need a new one since the old one's broken and a bit of it stuck in the crown) is the same as for the Cal. 400 (or 3019 PHC, as is the old designation) but would point out that the Cal. 4002 has no date and the Cal. 400 does, so I suspect there may well be some difference. If my assumption is correct, your chances of getting a replacement without going to Zenith and paying for the full job are minimal. As for the crown, you may be able to drill that out but you need to be very careful to retain the screw thread in the crown. On the whole, a job for the pro, even if it is an independent and not quite as expensive pro. Good luck!

Hartmut Richter
    Quick correction: The Cal. 4002 does have the date complication, except it is at 6 o'clock rather than between 4 and 5 o'clock.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Had a quick check with the aid of Auntie Google and have to concede that you are right. I seem to remember now that that movement was introduced early in the Nataf era where it first appeared in the somewhat sterile looking Grande Class series - with no hour totaliser and the date still at 4:30! It looked a little silly. So, the winding stem (apart from its length) should be compatible with the Cal. 400 after all.

Hartmut Richter
    fskywalker likes this.

Thread Information