Zenith Flyback Dilemma. Stratos or Tipo?

Poll: Stratos or Tipo?

Thread: Zenith Flyback Dilemma. Stratos or Tipo?

Zenith Flyback Dilemma. Stratos or Tipo?

So Iím at a point where if I want to add something to my collection something needs to go. Most logical thing would be to replace a Flyback with another Flyback. I currently have a Stratos Flyback... thatís a wrist shot of it. Iíve been thinking about getting a bronze Tipo CP-2... but open to the aged steel also. What do you guys think? Would you make the swap. Iíve tried to attach a poll but itís my first time doing it so I hope it works.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Zenith Flyback Dilemma. Stratos or Tipo?

For me I would do that swap. The Tipo although I'm sure is not for everyone with the fake aging of the case, but I think it's unique. To me the Stratos is nice, but nothing especially unique about it.

The Tipo is unique... Bronze, I like the balance of the 2 sub dials, I like the dial treatment.

Do you have any bronze watches in your collection now or would that be a first?

As an only watch I think the Stratos would work better, as part of a collection the Tipo is more unique.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Yea... was really close to getting a bronze Pilot single dial but ended up getting a UN LE bronze Torpilleur... too good of a deal to pass up. Then again I have a hard time keeping watches past 6 months before they get flipped for something else.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Whatever you decide, I would ask you to keep the decision to yourself (otherwise it's tantamount to a "Want to Sell" in open forum and will get wiped). Good luck with your decision.

My reply would, of course be: get/keep both!

Hartmut Richter

Will do... sorry about that. First choice would be to find a way to keep both for sure. I’m rather attached to the Stratos. For a 45mm watch it’s quite comfortable. I love the fact that Zenith has kept most of their watches on the thinner side. Seems like everything else I’ve gotten recently has just gotten thicker and thicker.

I'd have a hard time letting go of that Stratos, and yes I totally agree about the thinner designs - it's much tougher to pull off that those ridiculously thick ones at similar prices (Omega 600m springs to mind...).

Thread Information