Zenith official service : should I expect a travel case?

Thread: Zenith official service : should I expect a travel case?

Zenith official service : should I expect a travel case?

Just picked up my Chronomaster 1969 after sending it for repair for a cracked crystal.
    The watch was at the Sydney LVMH service centre for 2.5 months.

While I am happy to finally get my watch back, I was suprised it was sent back in a styrofoam box and not in a travel pouch or case. On the plus side, the broken glass, old gasket and crown were included.

The repair wasn't cheap at AU$1219 and I feel a nice travel case would have slightly sweaten the pain.

I've seens service centre travel cases on ebay and chrono24 so they definitely exist.

What's everyone else experience? Was your watch also returned to you in a styrofoam box or did you get it in a branded travel case?

Re: Zenith official service : should I expect a travel case?

My experience with BALL, they sent a watch back from warranty in a branded case, but not from maintenance/ service

It might depend on the region. In the USA I’ve always gotten travel cases from LVMH, Breitling, and Omega. I had a pair of Breitling serviced by them in Hong Kong and they didn’t give me a travel case.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

100% you can count on a travel case. If you want any additional ones, PM me as I have 11 from the past few years of services.

Quote Originally Posted by johnuf78 View Post
    It might depend on the region. In the USA I’ve always gotten travel cases from LVMH, Breitling, and Omega. I had a pair of Breitling serviced by them in Hong Kong and they didn’t give me a travel case.
    Same in Europe ... I recommend you to go and talk with your AD and ask for it (as it was a mistake of them).

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

It could be that the service center sends it in a generic box and the AD is expected to place it in a travel case.

I had a Girard Perregaux that I sent back to the local service center in a travel case, who then returned it to me in a generic box having kept the case that I had received from the Swiss service center. It was irritating but I never pushed to have it returned since I already had another one in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by SWIMTEXAN View Post
    100% you can count on a travel case. If you want any additional ones, PM me as I have 11 from the past few years of services.
    As I have said previously, I have sent multiple watches in for service through the AD and from my home address from the US and all watches have returned with a travel case. As such, I have 11 handy for traveling with all of my Zeniths (but would never travel with them all at once!)

Thread Information