Zenith Quality (Recent)
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Zenith Quality (Recent)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Zenith Quality (Recent)

Hi all, apologies, I tried resurrecting a great two year old thread on this subject but it didn't seem to work. In any case I'm really grabbed by the "new" El Primero A384 Revival and am seriously considering for my next purchase. But I know nothing about the brand, which the old thread helped a lot with. Given it was two years old, I would appreciate very much if any of you out there could add some comments updating with current experience. For example has the service, movement finishing, overall quality, buyers experience improved or declined in your opinion over the last two years? Many thanks!

Re: Zenith Quality (Recent)

Can't comment on servicing component as I take it to my local watchmaker for service, but I have had no issues with quality in any of my Zenith watches (my most recent is the Defy Openwork which I purchased last year). I don't own any high end watches (e.g. PP, ALS, etc.) so can't compare to them, but I'm impressed with the overall finishing and my limited experience with their customer service has been good (e-mail was replied to in a timely fashion).
    Just starting my watch collection...

Mine: Oris 581 7592 40 51 (Artelier Complication), Zenith 03.0516.685 (Defy Classic Power Reserve Elite), Zenith 03.1260.4039 (Chronomaster Open Grande Date XXT), Zodiac Astrographic 2000, Victorinox 241425 (Dive Master 500 Mechanical), Stowa Flieger Baumuster B with 215-1 handwind, Glashutte Original 1-36-01-01-02-01 (Senator Excellence), Zenith 95.9000.670/78.M9000 (Defy Classic Openworked), Zenith 01.0500.420 (El Primero HW), Tudor 91210N (North Flag)
    Wife: Perrelet A2038/1 (Diamond Flower), Oris 561 7604 40 94 (Artelier Date Diamonds), Zenith 03.1220.6801 (Baby Open Heart)

For completeness I thought I'd add a link to the prior very helpful discussion. This was actually 3 years ago, so it would be interesting if anybody else had some further reflections since JCB took over. Thanks!

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/zen...3149346?page=1

Edit: Now realize above is f2, which is why it didn't show up here. If anyone else would like to add comments in this specialized form would also be appreciated.
    Last edited by palletwheel; August 4th, 2019 at 09:19.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have (3) Zenith's and the quality is excellent and I had one serviced and I have no complaints.

Yes I have very good experience with zenith too. Very quality made and no so expensive services.

Hey guys. How about movement reliability?

I have purchased a Zenith EP Chronomaster (401z movement) which was just recently serviced by Zenith in Switzerland. I'm curious as to what people think about service times, intervals and reliablity. Not so much about the NJ service center vs. sending to Switzerland, I've read plenty on that in one thread.

Just curious as to what experiences others have had. This would be my second piece to go along with a 14060m which I've owned for years and never needed to service yet.

I think as far as chronographs go, the EP is just as reliable as anything else out there, but keep in mind that any chronograph is vastly more complicated than any 3-hand watch. So, the likelihood of something going wrong is much higher. You can't really get any more bulletproof than a 3130 movement. That said, you'll pay just as much to service a 14060M with Rolex as you will to get an EP serviced with Zenith. I'm totally comfortable going 5 years between service intervals with either watch as long as it performs well.
    GmtMasterIII likes this.
    Rolex Submariner 14060M
    Zenith Chronomaster El Primero "Original 1969" 03.2150.400/69.M2150
    Omega Constellation Automatic Chronometer 368.1201
    1965 Tissot Seastar Handwind
    Victorinox Dive Master 500
    Swatch Irony Body & Soul

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan356 View Post
    I think as far as chronographs go, the EP is just as reliable as anything else out there, but keep in mind that any chronograph is vastly more complicated than any 3-hand watch. So, the likelihood of something going wrong is much higher. You can't really get any more bulletproof than a 3130 movement. That said, you'll pay just as much to service a 14060M with Rolex as you will to get an EP serviced with Zenith. I'm totally comfortable going 5 years between service intervals with either watch as long as it performs well.
    That's helpful. Thanks for the response.

I just recently picked up an El Primero 1969 in the 38mm. I have owned a lot of watches and I will say this, the quality and attention to detail on the Zenith is astounding. I am absolutely in love with the El Primero. I have had more compliments on it, and watch people say how high the quality is, in the last week than any other watch I have ever owned or worn. That list includes limited edition Parmigianis and a Daytona.

ZenithEPWrist by HpiRally, on Flickr

My Pilot went to Switzerland by warranty twice in 2 years and I waited every time 4 months. This is my second one, the first had problems too. I bought it once more because I like its looks but reliability is not up to the market leaders. At least in my experience.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information