Zenith releases LVMH event 2020

Thread: Zenith releases LVMH event 2020

Zenith releases LVMH event 2020

Is anyone else disappointed in the releases?

https://www.zenith-watches.com/new-m..._en/index.html

- A384 (old release..)
    - Defy EP 21 carl cox, another skeleton Defy Zenith 44MM LE
    - Defy Land Rover LE, another 44mm LE
    - Zenith Big Pilot 45MM
    - Defy midnight. Great release, but only lady models
    - Zenith Elite moonphase dress

Where are the chronomaster 2 releases and how about finally another Defy Classic with closed dial? Is this really all?

Re: Zenith releases LVMH event 2020

I quite like the look of the Zenith 21 RR LE but the size is not suited for me.

I’m with you OP I’d love to see a new release for the closed defy classic and is it me or when there is a release with no date it looks so much better (eg Defy 21 RR and Moonphase classic)
    Current Watches
    Glashütte Original Senator Excellence Omega Speedmaster 1957 60th Anniversary LE Tudor Black Bay 58
    Casio G Shock (GMW-B5000GD-1)

Sold Watches
    Omega
    Aqua Terra (2503.33.00) Omega Speedmaster (3570.50) IWC Portugieser (IW3714-46) IWC Pilot (IW3777-19) Tag Heuer Monaco (CAW211B) Tag Heuer Grand Carrera (WAV5111) Casio G Shock (GX-56DGK-1, GLS-5600CL-3, , DW-5600MS-1)

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

I must say that I am also with you, OP. The two dress watches both have diamonds and are a little pimpy or for the ladies, the others are basically revamps of what is there already (and the A384 revival is "old"). I would like to see them make more of the "Oscillator" technology.....

Hartmut Richter

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have a feeling they are going to wear out that Pilot design very soon.

Agreed, pretty disappointing. I could be interested in the blue dial Elite Classic if they’d have bothered reviving the 6150 caliber for it. For that matter, I’d love to see the 6150 in the 3-hand Defy, preferably with a green dial (and if I’m really asking a lot, might as well ask for a no-date option as well).

Can’t say I disagree either. Recently heard CEO Julien Tornare radio interview, regarded by many as a maverick in the watch world, touting continual change and evolution. Well, I think we’re seeing some of that here. Not sure I like the avant-garde aesthetics— a bit too niche for me. Not at all sure what audience they are targeting or theme they are attempting to convey with these 2020 releases. Hopefully just experimentation and gauging of buyer sentiment; they move too strongly in this direction and they jeopardize losing some of their identity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think it was a soft opening for Zenith 2020. I was excited to see more Chronomaster 2 variants without a full open dial, something to compete with the Daytona crowd. The Zenith Classic revamp certainly has it's market segment and will be a silent seller. If there was a poll, I think the winner would be the Defy EP 21 Range Rover.

I hear more Chronomaster 2 models will be launched at Basel in April.

A new closed dial Defy 21 would be nice, I agree. I’m not into Land Rover as a brand but I’ve been impressed by the cobranded pieces. They always seem to have a really interesting set of materials, textures and colours that aren’t apparent in photos.

This Zenith releases were geared more towards the ladies choices. Not sure if this is the right strategy given the dominance of Cartier et el. However, the chronomaster / chronomaster 2 / defy will be at Baselworld. I hear up to 35 varieties.

Thread Information