Zenith Vintage Watch

Thread: Zenith Vintage Watch

Zenith Vintage Watch

Name:  Capture2.JPG
Views: 57
Size:  61.0 KBName:  Capture3.JPG
Views: 59
Size:  38.7 KB

I am looking to find a replacement crown for this watch as as you can see from the above images it is missing. Does anyone know what the part number may be so I can buy it.
    Also, where could I go to restore the dial and refinish the crystal.

Thank you

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: Zenith Vintage Watch

Welcome to the Watchuseek Zenith forum! That is a very nice watch that you've got there. Member sempervivens may well be able to date it reasonably accurately by means of the case serial number on the back.

I am afraid that the crown is never a real part of the movement so it won't have a parts number. You simply need to get the right sort of crown that suits the winding stem and the case size (huge crown on tiny case or vice versa doesn't really look good). In those days, when that watch was made, Zenith already had their logo (star with a superimposed "Z") on the crown but I believe that chronographs were exempt from this since they were made by Martel or Excelsior Park for Zenith to their specifications. So, that should make it even easier to get a replacement crown. Unless the winding stem is broken, in which case you need to get a replacement for the - MUCH more difficult than just the crown.....!

The crystal looks like it can be polished. If not, a replacement crystal is not much of a problem either. There are various dial refinishers but to me, the dial looks tenable so I personally would leave it. You get a nice, clean dial but often, it can easily be seen by the trained eye that it is a redial and it destroys the authenticity of the watch.

Hartmut Richter

Nice 1950's Zenith however with Universal Genève case numbers. Early to mid 1950's I'd say.
    Vanitas vanitatum et omnia vanitas, praeter ...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Which means that it will probably have a Cal.136 or 146 inside, rather than the Cal. 143 (which is actually by Excelsior Park).

Hartmut Richter

Most likely cal 156 for this type of gold chronograph in the 1950s
    Vanitas vanitatum et omnia vanitas, praeter ...

Thread Information