Convert my uni-directional GMT bezel into bi-directional

Thread: Convert my uni-directional GMT bezel into bi-directional

Convert my uni-directional GMT bezel into bi-directional

My Ocean One GMT's bezel is uni-directional and I have always wanted it to be bi-directional because when my bezel is misalign for 1-2 minutes, I cannot just turn the bezel clockwise to align it, but instead make a full counter clockwise, and if I miss the mark, I have to make another full circle to come back to the right marking. Obvious the uni-directional feature does not serve any purpose on a GMT bezel and put alone of wear and tear on it. Finally, I took up tha courage today to deal with it. First, I removed the bezel with a Victorinox pocket knife. I am surprise the bezel was not that difficult to remove. Second, I notice the insert is not glued to the bezel with a doublesided tape as what I would expect, but is pressured into the bezel, very much like the Rolex. I must say that I am very impressed with it. Third, I notice the bezel click pin is much longer than the one in Rolex GMT. So what I did was to make a small little u-shape at the tip of the pin with my leatherman plier. You need a precision and good plier to do this. When I put the bezel back, I have a very smooth bi-directional bezel. Although the clicks on the clockwise direction sound a little louder than the counter clockwise, I am okay with it and extremely happy with what I have done. I just wonder what many of you have done what I just did? or have converted your uni-directional bezel into bi-directional?

Re: Convert my uni-directional GMT bezel into bi-directional

sorry to revive this post, enghock! But I'm trying to do the same with my Ocean One. Did you ever take pictures of the procedure for reference? I just want to know what you mean by curling the bezel spring into a "u shape." Cheers!

Re: Convert my uni-directional GMT bezel into bi-directional

WOW, the old thread revival......

sonofalmighty, welcome to WUS & the Steinhart forum. I think you would be better off trying a PM to enghock as he has not been active around here for a long time....
    Last edited by Riker; March 2nd, 2013 at 05:19.
    James.

Longines -- Panerai -- Steinhart

Thread Information