ETA 2824-2/SW 200, élaboré
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: ETA 2824-2/SW 200, élaboré

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ETA 2824-2/SW 200, élaboré

On the Steinhart site some watches are ETA 2824-2/SW 200, élaboré, does this mean that when ordering you will either get an ETA or a Sellita movement, depending on what is in stock at the time, can you choose one over the other when ordering?
    jbsutta likes this.

Re: ETA 2824-2/SW 200, élaboré

It’ll be one or the other. As of the last steinhart I got it was marked as both/either. I guess they are so busy they don’t differentiate between the two. On a three hand model cannot go wrong sturdy and accurate.
    steinhart-fan likes this.

Not sure if you can ask but this option is often used by manufacturers to allow them a choice of what movement they use when transitioning from ETA to Sellita or if supplies of one movement can’t be guaranteed.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

lvt

For me it's simple, it's either ETA or quartz.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Gorokan, Central Coast, New South Wales, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by lvt View Post
    For me it's simple, it's either ETA or quartz.
    Why? Selita used to make the 2824 under contract, the Selita is a 2824 with an extra jewel to beef up the winding system.

Many guys think they have an ETA, but in reality have an ETA branded Sellita.
    jbsutta and FBPB like this.
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account:

Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

lvt

Quote Originally Posted by Russell44 View Post
    Why? Selita used to make the 2824 under contract, the Selita is a 2824 with an extra jewel to beef up the winding system.
    I like its history and tradition, that matters.

Otherwise you can just buy an Invicta, it's a good brand too.
    khanhdnk likes this.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Quote Originally Posted by Russell44 View Post
    Sellita made ETA movement with ETA tolerances.
    Nowadays Sellita makes their own movements with looser tolerances, and basic steels (heat treatments and burnishing process aren't the same, thus less expensive).
    khanhdnk likes this.

Gorokan, Central Coast, New South Wales, Australia

Post deleted due to incorrect information from an article.
    Last edited by Russell44; 1 Week Ago at 02:21.

[QUOTE=sea_urchin;49105317]On the Steinhart site some watches are ETA 2824-2/SW 200, élaboré, does this mean that when ordering you will either get an ETA or a Sellita movement, depending on what is in stock at the time, can you choose one over the other when ordering?[/Quote

To answer your question, you cannot specify which movement you want. I have owned several timepieces with the SW-200, and I have never any issues whatsoever. If I was given a choice, I would get a Sellita over the the ETA. Why you may ask? The reason lies with the Swatch Group, only making the ETA for their brands. For me, this is bad business decision and bad marketing. Swatch has always been snobbish, arrogant, and obnoxious due Nicholas Hayek's business practices. This is not a good legacy to leave with your children.

My two cents worth.

Try telling Christopher Ward that their movements are crap, they bought the Selita factory and use the movements. Be very careful, your statement could cost you a lot of money
    Your statement is not true. I found online an article written for Fratello Magazine on October 7, 2018.

The current owner, Mr. Miguel Garcia, bought the company from the founder Mr. Pierre Grandjean in 2003. This was a strategic move to protect Sellita. At the time, Sellita had 120 employees, 15 years later the number is roughly 500 spread over three subsidiaries of Sellita (two in Switzerland and one in Germany). The annual production volume is one million movements, consisting of the 19 calibers that Sellita offers. They do not only assemble movements, but also produce the main plates and bridges in one of their subsidiary companies in Germany. Gurofa, located in Glashütte, supplies the aforementioned parts to Sellita as a double source next to the Swiss suppliers. In their own engineering department, the brand is able to build their own machinery for parts. All this to keep prices low and competitive but also to offer steady quality.
    Last edited by Bubbalouie; 1 Week Ago at 01:47.
    My Other Hobby:
    Power
    McIntosh MA6200 Integrated Amplifier ~ Jolida JD202BRC Tube Integrated Amplifier
    Source
    Marantz NA7004 Network Audio Player
    Analog
    AR XB - Denon DL-110 ~ Audio Technica AT-MONO 3 ~ Audio Technica AT-440MLOCC| Dual 1219 - Shure M97xe ~ Grado Black |Dual 721 ~ Shure M1 TRACK
    Driver
    Focal 806V Speakers ~ S700 Stands

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information