Misalignment Steinhart Ocean One Titanium 500 GMT

Thread: Misalignment Steinhart Ocean One Titanium 500 GMT

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Misalignment Steinhart Ocean One Titanium 500 GMT / Also lume coming off

The hour and GMT hands of my Steinhart Ocean One Titanium 500 GMT are misaligned. For example, only when the minute hand is 2 minutes PAST the hour will the hour hand and the GMT hand point correctly at their hour mark. Only at 5:02 pm will the hour hand point at the 5 hour mark, NOT before. Same with the GMT hand.

There were lots of discussions on WatchUSeek at the time of the release about this quality control issue. I didn't send it back, put it in its box and didn't have a lot of time to address it, but as my two year warranty will run out in two weeks, I do want them to fix it.

I am sorry I didn't keep up with the news about this Steinhart; they released a newer, 39 mm version. Wonder how people that purchased this watch right after its release and who complained about the same issues, fared?

Also, sent an email about this to Aftersales at Steinhart. Is this the address I need to contact?

Thank you
    Last edited by venturacounty; June 17th, 2019 at 23:45.

Re: Misalignment Steinhart Ocean One Titanium 500 GMT

Me and my watch.
    Attached Images Attached Images

isfuzz likes this.

Oh, another small complaint I have is that, the lume on the bezel seems to fall off a little bit. Nothing major, but it shouldn't do that?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Very simple to fix. Take it to any local watchsmith and ask him to move the hand. No big deal.With the GMT hand, if it is in between the hours , it is still correct. It only marks the HOUR , not the minutes, that is read by the minute hand.

Very simple to fix. Take it to any local watchsmith and ask him to move the hand. No big deal.With the GMT hand, if it is in between the hours , it is still correct. It only marks the HOUR , not the minutes, that is read by the minute hand.

I don't know what "Fall Off" means? Do you mean it doesn't last as long as you think it should? If not, buy a Seiko ..That lume lasts for a lot longer. It's just the way it is. The only longer lasting lume than Seiko would be Tritium. Superluminova is variable and here are different levels. The entire Steinhart line has nice lume for about the first 3 minutes and then it's just dim. In the dark it is visible enough to see the hands usually. Seldom as bright on the indices. As I said..if you need a night watch get a Luminox or a Seiko. Otherwise be very happy that you own a great watch like a Steinhart A comparable Rolex with non luming bezel is about $8500. I have a Glycine Airman whose lume lasts all night , about 7 hours . Long enough to see it in my dark bedroom all night. But does it actually still glow if my eyes are closed ? :)

Hello! Thanks for your reply, I'll send it back tomorrow. As for the lume...it's coming off... It wasn't like that when I received it. I never wore the watch a lot. Nothing, not even the outside air has been in touch with it.Name:  20190617_232523.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  1.14 MBName:  hgffdddd.JPG
Views: 89
Size:  81.6 KB

Did anyone else have the lume problem?

Actually, it is a major problem. My old eyes were deceiving me, it's a lot worse than I thought, from the picture!

lvt

Re: Misalignment Steinhart Ocean One Titanium 500 GMT / Also lume coming off

Love my O1 GMT but lume is definitely nowhere near Seiko watches.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

True, but the lume isn't coming off yours?

lvt

Quote Originally Posted by venturacounty View Post
    True, but the lume isn't coming off yours?
    Fortunately not yet, I check the lume quantity everyday.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information