Should last a lifetime ....right ?
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Should last a lifetime ....right ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Should last a lifetime ....right ?

With solid case and bracelet builds, Steinhart do a great job at this price, and with an ETA movement that gets serviced say every 10 years or so, is there any reason a Steinhart with an ETA should not be good for many decades ?

Re: Should last a lifetime ....right ?

I would think so. The ETA movements are pretty reliable workhorses and as you said, the build quality is very good at this price point.
    sea_urchin likes this.

No reason whatsoever, your golden
    sea_urchin likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I thought as much, was doubting it when someone was trash talking the ETAs, thanks :)

Quote Originally Posted by sea_urchin View Post
    I thought as much, was doubting it when someone was trash talking the ETAs, thanks :)
    They don't know anything about movements then. ETA, is the most common movement out there and power many watches much more expensive than steinhart.
    briang583 and fish70 like this.
    Instagram: The Watch TourWrist (Follow Me)
    https://www.instagram.com/watch_tourwrist/

I would like to believe that ETA movements are far superior to Seiko movements (not to mention they are easily serviceable). And let's not forget that Steinhart does a great job with their cases & bracelets (even if they may be outsourced). I've ALWAYS maintained that the quality:price ratio is extremely high. Great value for the money.

I got my first Steinhart Ocean 1 in 2007 and its still runs like a champ today. Its like any peace of equipment, if you take care of it and maintain it, it will last a very very long time...
    Carrot01 likes this.

ETA is a broad church. Some brands use this to imply their watches are the same as "high end brands like Breitling, Tag heuer..." and this is not the case. These brands heavily modify the basic movement to the point theyre almost unrecognisable against the basic ETA so there IS a difference. Im not trash talking Steinhart here before anyone jumps in. I just want to point out that people tapping their £300 watches whilst saying its basically a Breitling (or any other expensive swiss brand) are wrong. I think Steinhart have done a fantastic job of providing a range of swiss movement watches with modern materials like ceramic etc at their price point and they should certainly be really easy to repair/service in years to come. Love their version of the vintage explorer but from following threads around here I havent pulled the trigger yet as their customer service seems patchy which I wouldn't accept from the makers of a £50 watch.
    Carrot01, khanhdnk and BSG75 like this.

I'm only a very new owner of a Ocean one, so its early days but the service I got a month ago to buy this was perfect
    Attached Images Attached Images

khanhdnk likes this.

Steinhart - OCEAN ONE

I have not first hand experience to rely on, but friends have related this type of experience with Steinhart, and I trust their judgement. You should be in good shape. Good luck !

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information