Strap recommendations for the Steinhart Ocean 39 GMT
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Eodtech
  • 2 Post By Pjerome

Thread: Strap recommendations for the Steinhart Ocean 39 GMT

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Member dub82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    161

    Strap recommendations for the Steinhart Ocean 39 GMT

    All,

    I'm looking for strap recommendations for a Steinhart Ocean 39 GMT. A lot of WUS members like the Erika's Original products. Looking at their website the Black MN strap looks like a good combination. I'm interested to hear what you think.

    Name:  Screen Shot 2019-02-25 - Steinhart.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  93.7 KB

  2. #2
    Member Eodtech's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    1,122

    Re: Strap recommendations for the Steinhart Ocean 39 GMT

    I wore this today. Its the 42mm version, but I like wearing mine on Zulu's. But I think Erica's straps are great looking too..


    Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images

    FBPB and dub82 like this.

  3. #3
    Member dub82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    161

    Re: Strap recommendations for the Steinhart Ocean 39 GMT

    Quote Originally Posted by Eodtech View Post
    I wore this today. Its the 42mm version, but I like wearing mine on Zulu's. But I think Erica's straps are great looking too..


    Bob
    Thanks EodTech! great picture. How easy was it to remove the bracelet and add the Zulu. Would any standard watch tool do the job or do I need a special tool?

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member dub82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    161

    Re: Strap recommendations for the Steinhart Ocean 39 GMT

    [QUOTE=Eodtech;49134037]I wore this today. Its the 42mm version, but I like wearing mine on Zulu's. But I think Erica's straps are great looking too..

    Duplicate entry
    Last edited by dub82; 4 Days Ago at 04:51.

  6. #5
    Member Eodtech's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    1,122

    Re: Strap recommendations for the Steinhart Ocean 39 GMT

    Quote Originally Posted by dub82 View Post
    Thanks EodTech! great picture. How easy was it to remove the bracelet and add the Zulu. Would any standard watch tool do the job or do I need a special tool?
    You're welcome and Its super easy. Just like any other bracelet. There is nothing special about removing a Ti bracelet vs SS...


    Bob.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    7

    Re: Strap recommendations for the Steinhart Ocean 39 GMT

    Here’s my similar Titanium Ocean Premium GMT on a Trident/gray stripe, blue stitching Erica’s MN strap.....Name:  A051D8B9-1E34-4DE6-86F5-F6F6BD610A9C.jpeg
Views: 30
Size:  2.27 MBName:  1EC9CDEA-F64E-496A-84C7-63B273B40635.jpeg
Views: 35
Size:  3.68 MB

    The second picture has what looks to be gray on the left side of the strap but that’s the lighting and not the strap. Very comfortable straps, only wish they weren’t so expensive ! The strap has about a month’s worth of use and still looks new.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Bucks County PA
    Posts
    764

    Re: Strap recommendations for the Steinhart Ocean 39 GMT

    There are plenty of aftermarket rubber B type straps with curved ends on Ebay and on Strapcode.com, leather made with the integrated link at the lug end. On ebay you can get it in blue or in black with a blue stripe and some even have a Rolex type clasp. I would also consider the Steinhart rubber strap.Personally I think it looks best on the OE bracelet unless you can find a suitable match with a curved end that flatters Rolexes and those type watches.
    I made this one for my Ocean One GMT..Ordered the basic Ostrich strap from Martu in Chile..then cut the lug end to fit the link.Dyed it to match the aftermarket bezel insert. I used the OE buckle from Steinhart.
    Attached Images Attached Images



    dub82 and isfuzz like this.

  9. #8
    Member dub82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    161

    Re: Strap recommendations for the Steinhart Ocean 39 GMT

    Quote Originally Posted by aabikrman View Post
    Here’s my similar Titanium Ocean Premium GMT on a Trident/gray stripe, blue stitching Erica’s MN strap.....Name:  A051D8B9-1E34-4DE6-86F5-F6F6BD610A9C.jpeg
Views: 30
Size:  2.27 MBName:  1EC9CDEA-F64E-496A-84C7-63B273B40635.jpeg
Views: 35
Size:  3.68 MB

    The second picture has what looks to be gray on the left side of the strap but that’s the lighting and not the strap. Very comfortable straps, only wish they weren’t so expensive ! The strap has about a month’s worth of use and still looks new.
    Thanks aabikrman, the strap looks great. Did you order the brushed or polished hardware? The EO does not have images of the all the various colors and hardware, disappointing. Great photos by the way, what was the camera used?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •