Will 39mm Ceramic bezel fit on 39mm OVM
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Will 39mm Ceramic bezel fit on 39mm OVM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Will 39mm Ceramic bezel fit on 39mm OVM

Will the bezel from a Steinhart Ocean One 39 Black Ceramic fit on the Gnomon Steinhart OVM 39mm, if yes does anyone have a pic they could share.
    I know its not to everyones taste but I am curious to see how it looks.

Re: Will 39mm Ceramic bezel fit on 39mm OVM

OVM is 39mm in diameter, 47mm lug to lug, 14mm thick.
    The ocean one black comes in at 39mm in diameter, 47mm lug to lug, 12mm thick.

The difference in height can be that the OVM has a domed crystal, other than that the sizes are the same so I think it should fit, might just take a punt on it and hope for the best.
    andyk8 likes this.

Where are you getting the ceramic bezel insert from?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Gnomon have said they can supply it from their 39mm Ocean One for $40 +$5 air.

Have asked them (and Steinhart) about the fit, no replies yet, not sure if anyone else has done this on the 39mm (I see a few bezel changes on the 42mm), can't imagine the casing being different from the 39mm Ocean One and the OVM, it looks like all the case sizes are from the Ocean One series.

I'm 99% sure it will fit as all the cases and bezels for the 39mm should be the same.

Just as an aside, it will look completely rubbish! The steinhart ceramic bezel inserts like the one on the 39 Black suck and are barely readable.

Secondly, you will most likely damage the original insert removing it so when you want to switch back you'll have to pay Gnomon again for another bezel insert.
    sea_urchin likes this.

lol that made me laugh, but as the saying goes, one mans rubbish is another mans gold ;)

I had an Ocean black 42mm ceramic, and I really liked the ceramic, I liked it for the reasons you dont like it, the fact that it is more subtle, I also like that it has no pip, I will never rely on this watch for diving purposes so having super visible numbers is not important to me, I want it to be subtle. The OVM is just 'too loud / busy' with its full indexing, but never say never, if (or rather when) I pull the trigger I will live with the full index and make sure the watch is comfortable to me before I go swapping it over, and if I do swap it over it will be because I have no intention of selling it (so damaging the original not an issue), the mod will be for me, and that's all that really matters at the end of the day, if it make you happy go with it ;)

I agree completely, do what makes you happy. Good luck with it.

Surprising reply from Steinhart to say that the ceramic 39mm bezel will NOT fit the Gnomon 39mm OVM !
    Still holding out that someone on here has done the mod and somehow the info from Steinhart is in error.

Hmm, did they say why it wouldn't fit, I find it hard to believe the cases are with different dimensions.
    new to instagram, follow me:
    https://www.instagram.com/mtixov/

Unfortunately they did not give a reason, I thought the 39 OVM was based on the Ocean One 39mm series, making a diff case size just for the OVM would make for a much dearer OVM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information