Never go to Baselworld again!

Thread: Never go to Baselworld again!

Thumbs Down Never go to Baselworld again!

Hi all,

Long time i did'nt wrote here again. Since the Invicta-Forum was shut down.

I decided to go to Basel today. I had a good feeling that it will be a good day. I was wrong.

I came to Baselworld. The parking was about 12 $! Ok, so far soo good. No
    problem. The entry-ticket was about 35$. I knew that. Last year a Rado-Girl
    gave me a Free-Ticket. That was nice... LOL . The price is ok, when people at the exhibition wants people who are really interested in watches, nothing else.

I immediately went to the Invicta-Booth. The unfriendly Invicta-girls were
    coming to me and asking: "Can i help you? Do you have a businesscard?". I
    said that i am no Retailer, just customer. I asked for the new Catalogue, They said it's only for retailers! The most unfriendly staff i ever saw, very arrogant. So, after 2 or 3 minutes they asked me to leave the
    booth!!! They "are busy" they said! So i left with a very very bad feeling.

Ok, Mr. Lalo. I bought about 30 - 40 Invictas since 2 years now. I think i am finished with
    Invicta for now! They don't care about customers at all!

All people should know how Invicta treat customers.

The exhibition was like last year, so nothing special new. I was only 2
    hours at the exhibition. I will never go there again. Too many arrogant
    people there. Hey, if they only want Retailers at the exhibition, why the
    hell they open just only for retailers? Or open for Customers for 1 day or so...
    But hey, i paid 35$ for entry, i own a lot of watches and i like collecting as a hobby.

Others companies were not so arrogant like invicta, but i think the most (over)priced watches they have, the most arrogant they are.

For example HIRSCH (leather straps). I was at their booth. Very friendly german people who went to every customer and talked with them! They listened to me and showed me their collection. Really very nice. Invicta: please go to Hirsch and learn from them!!!!!

The next Invicta i buy must be VERY VERY Special! But i think i will never buy an Invicta again. I never thought that i will say that.

Bye Bye Invicta!

biiaktionaer
    Last edited by biiaktionaer; April 3rd, 2006 at 21:55.

San Francisco, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milkyway Galaxy

Re: Never go to Baselworld again!

funny how some companies forget how they got there in the first place ...

...by the support of the general consumer.

by the looks of things, basel was very uninspiring this year?

last year seemed much more exciting!

the various forums seemed rather quiet about this year's show...

Quote Originally Posted by biiaktionaer
    Hi all,

Long time i did'nt wrote here again. Since the Invicta-Forum was shut down.

I decided to go to Basel today. I had a good feeling that it will be a good day. I was wrong.

I came to Baselworld. The parking was about 12 $! Ok, so far soo good. No
    problem. The entry-ticket was about 35$. I knew that. Last year a Rado-Girl
    gave me a Free-Ticket. That was nice... LOL . The price is ok, when people at the exhibition wants people who are really interested in watches, nothing else.

I immediately went to the Invicta-Booth. The unfriendly Invicta-girls were
    coming to me and asking: "Can i help you? Do you have a businesscard?". I
    said that i am no Retailer, just customer. I asked for the new Catalogue, They said it's only for retailers! The most unfriendly staff i ever saw, very arrogant. So, after 2 or 3 minutes they asked me to leave the
    booth!!! They "are busy" they said! So i left with a very very bad feeling.

Ok, Mr. Lalo. I bought about 30 - 40 Invictas since 2 years now. I think i am finished with
    Invicta for now! They don't care about customers at all!

All people should know how Invicta treat customers.

The exhibition was like last year, so nothing special new. I was only 2
    hours at the exhibition. I will never go there again. Too many arrogant
    people there. Hey, if they only want Retailers at the exhibition, why the
    hell they open just only for retailers? Or open for Customers for 1 day or so...
    But hey, i paid 35$ for entry, i own a lot of watches and i like collecting as a hobby.

Others companies were not so arrogant like invicta, but i think the most (over)priced watches they have, the most arrogant they are.

For example HIRSCH (leather straps). I was at their booth. Very friendly german people who went to every customer and talked with them! They listened to me and showed me their collection. Really very nice. Invicta: please go to Hirsch and learn from them!!!!!

The next Invicta i buy must be VERY VERY Special! But i think i will never buy an Invicta again. I never thought that i will say that.

Bye Bye Invicta!

biiaktionaer

::::: Virtute Vera :::::

-Prometheus

"...My life is a May game, I will live as I like. I defy your strait-laced, weary, social ways and modes. Blue is the sky, green the fields and groves, fresh the springs, glad the rivers, and hospitable the splendor of sun and star. I will play my game out...."
    -RW Emerson 1839

Without defending them (i have never been yet), the basel fair is realy for the trade. Its a buyers fair. All the watch companies get AD's like me to go over and see "whats new" and get exited about the prospect of spending more money with them.

But your right customers are key.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

San Francisco, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milkyway Galaxy

yes, i agree, there is a definate difference in trade and general consumer shows.

however, i think it is good form to always treat every interested party be they the end consumer, existing dealer, or new potential dealer with a little common courtesy. its just good karma and it would be nice if everyone tried to follow the golden rule. :)

i think its ashame that people working behind booths think they are better than those in front of them, when it's those in front are the ones who actually make they companies exist by supporting them in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr BIG
    Without defending them (i have never been yet), the basel fair is realy for the trade. Its a buyers fair. All the watch companies get AD's like me to go over and see "whats new" and get exited about the prospect of spending more money with them.

But your right customers are key.

::::: Virtute Vera :::::

-Prometheus

"...My life is a May game, I will live as I like. I defy your strait-laced, weary, social ways and modes. Blue is the sky, green the fields and groves, fresh the springs, glad the rivers, and hospitable the splendor of sun and star. I will play my game out...."
    -RW Emerson 1839

Thread Information