Sneak Peek at the New Bathys Hawaii Benthic Divers

Thread: Sneak Peek at the New Bathys Hawaii Benthic Divers

Sneak Peek at the New Bathys Hawaii Benthic Divers

Aloha All,

We are over here working hard to get together our new designs for BaselWorld, and I wanted to share these newest renderings with the WUS, before anyone else sees them.

These are 8 of the 10 new divers we will be introducing (the other two will be silver or black with a fantastic tahitian blacklip mother of pearl dial).

All are powered by an ETA 2892-2 and will have all the good stuff we put in all our watches: domed sapphire AR crystal, PVD coatings, gobs o' lume, and a clear simple design (and of course our Aloha attitude).

In these new divers we will feature a bigger crown (), nice rotating bezel, and a few other small tweaks to improve our watches. All the "rose gold" and other colors you see are PVD.

Price? Not nailed down at this time, but in the $1000-$1200 range (slightly more for the MOP versions). And remember, these have the ETA 2892-2 in them, so that's a very good price for a watch with a movement of this quality. No pre-orders for now....I expect these will be available June/July -ish....

BTW: :thanks for all the good suggestions I've seen here on the WUS...we've tried to listen to your ideas and incorporate them wherever possible.

so....please...tell me which ones you like and why.

WX1

Re: Sneak Peek at the New Bathys Hawaii Benthic Divers

Quote Originally Posted by BathysHawaii View Post
    Aloha All,

We are over here working hard to get together our new designs for BaselWorld, and I wanted to share these newest renderings with the WUS, before anyone else sees them.

These are 8 of the 10 new divers we will be introducing (the other two will be silver or black with a fantastic tahitian blacklip mother of pearl dial).

All are powered by an and will have all the good stuff we put in all our watches: domed sapphire AR crystal, PVD coatings, gobs o' lume, and a clear simple design (and of course our Aloha attitude).

In these new divers we will feature a bigger crown (), nice rotating bezel, and a few other small tweaks to improve our watches. All the "rose gold" and other colors you see are PVD.

Price? Not nailed down at this time, but in the $1000-$1200 range (slightly more for the MOP versions). And remember, these have the ETA 2892-2 in them, so that's a very good price for a watch with a movement of this quality. No pre-orders for now....I expect these will be available June/July -ish....

BTW: :thanks for all the good suggestions I've seen here on the WUS...we've tried to listen to your ideas and incorporate them wherever possible.

so....please...tell me which ones you like and why.
    Eh, t'anks fo' da' shneak peeks, bruddah!

I really am partial to, incidentally enough, the first model shown up there -- the all stainless steel and black band?

Those with the gold bezels (but, not the model with the gold casing) seem to remind me of a Russian diver's watch look.

That all-black, though . . . man, THAT is something. Truly. I'll make a prediction (however a beginner I am in this "world of watches") -- THAT one will get the most notice out of all of the others at your space at BaselWorld (which will be difficult to gauge since ALL of your models will be looked at alla time, I'll also surmise). Nice, flat, nondescript all-black. Complements the dial and vice-versa (or, inside joke here, to Mr. BathysHawaii, "vice-a-versa"). I'll tell you something, I LIKE the all-black bezel, but, if you have to end up coloring the tick marks, do nice understated grey. I don't wanna say "light grey" because might come up comparable to a white coloring of the ticks, which, hmmm, might take away from the all-black of the watch that makes it look pretty darn great. Let's face it, whenever all black models come out (i.e., that Seiko Darth Vader that Wongster recently showed on one of his threads), they turn heads and, speaking of "nailing" it, I think you folks have Bathys have done just that with that all-black model. Yikes, did I say I was more partial to the first stainless steel number shown? Heh, I guess I still am, but, I am REALLY impressed with the all-black watch you show up there.

Overall comments w/regard to all models shown:
    1) A bit too much mint-green colored lum' for my tastes, but, highly tolerable (I'd say, if you had to make a decision one one of the versions . . . hmm . . . at least have a white-colored lum' for the orange-dialed models).
    2) Yikes. No black or white dials?
    3) Nice, nice if all will contain a ETA 2892-2 movement .
    4) Really like the round window for the date. Honestly, not joking here, gives a nice "inside-of-an-aquatic-vehicle" feel.
    5) Size of the arabic numbers around the dial are big, but, not overwhelming. Perfect for size of water/aquatic/dive watch.

Lastly, if you can keep the prices in the $1,200, heck even up to $1,500, that'd be cool.

Good luck and aloha at the fair, man!
    Last edited by WX1; February 26th, 2007 at 23:28.

Re: Sneak Peek at the New Bathys Hawaii Benthic Divers

Aloha Braddah!!!!!!!!

Looking really great!!!!! :gold :gold :gold :gold :gold Should be a real hit at Baselworld!!!!!

Our comments over in the Dive Forum.

Now go knock'em dead at Baselworld Braddah!!!!!!!!

Thread Information