HOW TO BUY A SEIKO 6309 DIVER - A Collector's Buying Guide - Page 2
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: HOW TO BUY A SEIKO 6309 DIVER - A Collector's Buying Guide

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Re: HOW TO BUY A SEIKO 6309 DIVER - A Collector's Buying Guide

This was an extremely informative post ~ thank you to the original poster for passing on this knowledge. I'm shopping for a new 6309 to replace my aging one, and this will help keep things even keel for my novice status. Thanks again, William.

This guide helped me make an informed purchasing decision.

And, by that, I don't mean I followed every single piece of advice, but instead took all the advice in, then made an informed decision as to what I was doing.

And I feel really comfortable and better off for reading this thread -- major kudos to the person(s) who put it all together in years gone by...!

Banned

Hi, thank you for this post because it is very helpful. It has good advice, points and facts of what to look for and what else in the matter of purchases and very detail. Those that did it have save people alot of time in buying and finding just what they want and need to know.
    Seiko divcers have to be detailed to get the right things done and find what many want.
    Thank you again for this valuable information given.
    Last edited by Longbike; December 11th, 2012 at 05:24. Reason: mis-typed

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi, I'm new on the forum, I'm interested in Seiko divers, I'd rather have a 6105-8110 but not enough money for the moment...So a 6309-7040 maybe. I saw one wich dial code is: japan 6309-704N T and the suwa symbol. All teh points listed in the post from Isthmus are clear, did someone ever seen it? Thank you.
    Ricou.

Banned

Yes it is a great thread. Here's a pic of my 6309-729B though I am thinking of getting rid of it as it just doesn't get any wrist wear. What do you think, worth keeping?

Great thread. Very informative. I am looking at those Seiko divers lately, I need a "real" beater watch and I'm thinking of the SKX007 will definitely pass with flying colors. As those Seiko 6309 are too lovely to be just beaters...

Great write-up, and I'm sure more than a few 6309 buyers have hung on every word/picture like I am.

In regard to original bezel inserts vs replacements - what color should the numbers and marks be? Should they be a whitish color, or a silver metallic? camera flashes play tricks on me, I think, and it's possible a lot of the aftermarkets have nailed the shape (top edge of 12 o'clock triangle all the way to edge of insert, numbers the correct shape, etc), but could still be a bit off on paint color.

Any other tips on differentiating real from aftermarket?

Thanks in advance!

can anyone elaborate the difference between a turtle and a cushion case.

Quote Originally Posted by ksrao_74 View Post
    can anyone elaborate the difference between a turtle and a cushion case.
    There is no difference as they both refer to the 6309-704x case, but I would say that most Seikoholics would refer to this shape case as a cushion case not turtle!

I bought this seiko watch at an estate sale for $5 and I purchased a band off Amazon. I like the look of it, but it seems to be in need of a cleaning to have it restored to working condition. The dials all move, but doesn't keep time. How much should I expect to spend to have it cleaned and/or restored?

This is my first post (actually my second since I posted this under watch reviews but thought it was better suited here). Thank you for your time in advance. I've enjoyed reading as much as I could find on this site already. Judging by other posts it seems to be all original parts. I'm really wondering if it's going to be more expensive to buy an already working one or fix the one I have. I'm going to take it into a jeweler next week. Thanks again!

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399808387.344802.jpg
Views: 6321
Size:  117.5 KB

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information