I am new to WUS and pilot watches but could not hold back from posting this.
Based on previous posts on PilMil forum, I am taking the first albeit a small step by configuring say LACO "Pilot Original" project, which many WUS members and others may seriously consider owning.
- 860884 case of 42 mm diameter. Edged the “FL23883” on the opposite side of the crown.
- Sapphire Crystal currently available as option
- Original pilot watch leather strap Ref. 792.31 (width 20 mm) for case diameter 42 mm. Existing parts so no new development/investment
- Exposition back with mineral glass
- Exiting crown
- Modified Unitas 6497 with centred-sweep second-hand. Blued-screws, Swan-neck regulator and Screw balance.
- Type-B Dial-exact scale down from 55 mm Replika. So no logo and no date please.
- Blued and lumed for Hour and Minute hands
One of us (not me for sure, I live in the other side of the world) living near or in Pforzheim could represent the rest of us by paying LACO a visit and persuade them to work on our latent demand.
- Scale down onion crown as in 55mm Replika
Before this, can we have a show of hands to estimate the potential demand? LACO could then work on the commericial viability based on the design and chargeable price.
Once the watch design is confirmed and an indicative price range is available from LACO, we can make a decision and commit a deposit of say 50 Euro, if we are into it
Hope LACO listens to Customers
WUS member-have your say please:
I would be glad to play a part in making this watch a reality.
- Erik H