WUS/Laco Baumuster-A Project is Officially Cancelled

Thread: WUS/Laco Baumuster-A Project is Officially Cancelled

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation WUS/Laco Baumuster-A Project is Officially Cancelled

After a lengthy discussion with Laco, it has been determined that they will no longer proceed with the Baumuster-A project watch.

Laco appreciates the disappointment this news may cause and apologises for having to withdraw from the project.

Most will agree that their decision is understandable. With the launch of their recently redesigned Beobachtungsuhr (Observer/Pilot/Flieger) collection, the proposed project watch is too similar in its characteristics to a current production model. Further to this is the reality that Laco is currently busy with other special projects and wants to complete them before entertaining anything new. One such project being completed is the upcoming 85th Anniversary Limited Edition B-Uhr.

Undoubtedly there will be other opportunities in the future to pursue another project watch with Laco. However, all we can do for now is wait until a more favourable situation arises.

I’ll leave this thread open for a few weeks to allow a brief discussion, but then I will be closing all threads pertaining to this project so as not to cause any confusion to others visiting this sub-forum in the future.

Watchuseek Journalist Bhanu Chopra's Avatar

Re: WUS/Laco Baumuster-A Project is Officially Cancelled

Hi Uwe,
    It may be also beneficial to post this message in the Laco A project thread.

Cheers,
    Bhanu

I'll do that. Thanks Bhanu.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thank you very much for your effort, Uwe!

I have closed the other threads for the reasons mentioned in your original post, and will keep this thread open for a while to resolve any questions that may occur.
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Hi Uwe,

thanks for giving us that note.

With the launch of their recently redesigned Beobachtungsuhr (Observer/Pilot/Flieger) collection, the proposed project watch is too similar in its characteristics to a current production model.
    Shouldn't it be called the other way:

With the launch of their recently redesigned Beobachtungsuhr (Observer/Pilot/Flieger) collection, their watch is too similar in its characteristics to the proposed project watch .
    I don't mind - but I am missing Mr.Pfeiffer,

Volker

I agree Volker, I also miss Mr. Pfeiffer. Perhaps Laco will someday see how much the work of the forum members here has helped their B-uhr line and consider attempting a WUS project with us again.
    "Deeds, not words, shall speak me." - John Fletcher

Banned

Colin, "helped" is an understatement. I would say that the WUS management and members have( by creating the LE B-dial and the dedicated Laco Forum) made it possible for Laco to do what they starting to do now, creating watches that appeal to buyers.
    (I hope it is clear what I mean, I have problems expressing myself)

Quote Originally Posted by Nalu View Post
    I agree Volker, I also miss Mr. Pfeiffer. Perhaps Laco will someday see how much the work of the forum members here has helped their B-uhr line and consider attempting a WUS project with us again.

Hi Colin,
    hi Janne,

may be that they will consider such a project - but I'm not interested any longer,

Volker

With the launch of their recently redesigned Beobachtungsuhr (Observer/Pilot/Flieger) collection, their watch is too similar in its characteristics to the proposed project watch.
    While I would agree that external influences such as the WUS B-Uhr, along with the input from other forums and ADs, might have helped Laco realise that there was an unsatisfied demand for authentic looking B-Uhrs, I find it strange to read insinuations that Laco somehow plagiarized ideas from the WUS projects when designing their newest line of B-Uhrs.

Unless I'm mistaken, the goal of the Laco-WUS projects were to create a more authentic looking B-Uhr, one that was closer in design to the original Laco B-Uhrs. That Laco has decided to take their latest collection closer to their own original designs can hardly be described as being "too similar to a proposed project watch". To make such a statement not only takes credit for the original Laco design but ignores the other requests that Laco received from other sources for a watch that more closely reflected their heritage.

Laco hasn't copied a project watch - they've copied their own watch. However, the effort put into the WUS projects should certainly be applauded for putting an exclamation point on public demand.

Hear, hear!
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information