FS: "Perfect Mil-Spec" Seiko SKX-based Mod - Fully custom build by NEWW
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: FS: "Perfect Mil-Spec" Seiko SKX-based Mod - Fully custom build by NEWW

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Hello again fam!

Up for sale is one of my most recent Perfect Seiko mods, Perfect Mil-Spec. This was a concept that I had in my head for a while that had to wait for over a year to be built until the right parts were available again to purchase. I had this Seiko SKX-based mod professionally built and pressure tested to 100m late last year by the best of the best, Duarte at North East Watch Works. It is a fantastic watch and is very well executed, I am selling simply because it's not getting the wrist time it deserves and I've got a new dress watch incoming that will take up this watch box slot. Would love to see this go to a great home where it will be put through its paces!

Details on the fully custom build:

• Crystaltimes CT700 SKX-based case with drilled lugs, black PVD coated
    • Crystaltimes bezel click spring
    • Crystaltimes PVD coated triple gasket engraved "S" crown (rated to 300m) and stem
    • OEM crystal and caseback gaskets
    • One.Second.Closer The-Deep-Sea-One black PVD coated DSSD-style bezel - this is SUPER crispy and clicks very nicely / solidly / with authority. I pretty much only use OSC bezels in my builds now for this reason
    • One.Second.Closer The.Scandi.Mk2 black aluminum bezel insert - very useful insert with both 12 hour and timer markers. Lume pip very closely matches OEM Seiko Lumibrite
    • One.Second.Closer The.High.Ice.One high single dome sapphire with blue AR. One of my absolute favorite sapphires, it's a flecto monster (see pic album)
    • One.Second.Closer black polished stainless steel chapter ring
    • One.Second.Closer The.Hellfire.One stainless hour and minute hands, red sweep seconds hand. Lume is a great match to Seiko Lumibrite
    • OEM Seiko SNX809 dial - this is from a now discontinued model and pretty hard to track down. This is the more desirable military-style dial with the lumed arabic numerals (newer versions do not have this). The dial did come to me with a tiny white spot to the bottom right of the "21" on the military time tracker. I was able to carefully fill / hide it with a matte black marker before installation, but for full disclosure at certain lighting angles you can still see the touch up on the dial. In most lighting you cannot, the dial presents beautifully. I tried to capture this in the pictures.
    • OEM Seiko 4R36 movement, currently running insanely well under 1 second a day off and on the wrist! (see pic album)
    • OEM movement holder
    • OEM black day (English + Roman) and date wheels
    • Yobokies see through caseback
    • Currently installed on and will ship with a Cheapestnatostraps.com super comfortable 22mm rubber waffle strap with stainless hardware

Pics: https://imgur.com/a/6qNGQyH

Timestamp for Reddit: https://imgur.com/nNdJhvA

More pics can be seen on my Instagram account: https://www.instagram.com/watchmodperfect/

Condition wise, it is like new from the build date, I've worn it maybe 5 or 6 times. There are no dings or scratches that I can find on the case, bezel, bezel insert or front and rear crystals as I only wore it a few times. There are a few tiny micro swirls in the polished portion of the caseback that I believe were there when it arrived from Hong Kong. They didn't bother me enough to address them and you probably wouldn't notice them, but as you can tell I'm super OCD about my Perfect builds and these rarely come up for sale so I want the buyer to know everything about this piece. As you can see, the watch is running insanely well at full wind and I clocked a power reserve of over 44 hours (better than advertised). This one has a factory freak movement!

Like I said, I don't put these up for sale that often but with another Seiko incoming I want to see this one go to a good home. I keep build spreadsheets for all of my costs and I have about $650 into this one including labor. I am asking $525 OBO shipped CONUS only for this beast of a tool watch. Please message me with any questions and thank you for looking!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by WRXtranceformed; 3 Weeks Ago at 16:40.
    jgallamore likes this.
    Instagram handle: @watchmodperfect

Collection: ​Tudor Black Bay 58 / ​Tudor Prince Day Date M76200 / ​TAG Heuer 1000 980.913N / Omega Speedmaster Professional / Hamilton Pilot Pioneer Mechanical / Seiko 6309-7049 (birth month and year) / Seiko SKX009 "Perfect Patina Pepsi" Mod / Seiko SKX based "Perfect Mil-Spec" Mod / Seiko SRPE11J1 Irish Coffee Cocktail Presage / Certina DS-8 Moon Phase Chronometer / Citizen Perpetual Calendar BL5400-52A / Citizen Satellite Wave CC3005-85E / Casio Protrek PRW-3100Y-1BCR / Vintage Casio DW-400 Tachy Meter / Vintage Dufonte / Silver Watch Co. Archetype One

Previous Mod Projects:
    Seiko SKX007 "Project Perfect SKX" / Seiko SRP775 Turtle "Project Two-Tone" / Seiko SRPB49 "Project Perfect Samurai" / Seiko SRPC91 "Project Perfect Ocean" / Seiko SKX "CWC Explorer" Mod / Seiko SKX based "Perfect Soxa" Mod

Bump!

Collection: ​Tudor Black Bay 58 / ​Tudor Prince Day Date M76200 / ​TAG Heuer 1000 980.913N / Omega Speedmaster Professional / Hamilton Pilot Pioneer Mechanical / Seiko 6309-7049 (birth month and year) / Seiko SKX009 "Perfect Patina Pepsi" Mod / Seiko SKX based "Perfect Mil-Spec" Mod / Seiko SRPE11J1 Irish Coffee Cocktail Presage / Certina DS-8 Moon Phase Chronometer / Citizen Perpetual Calendar BL5400-52A / Citizen Satellite Wave CC3005-85E / Casio Protrek PRW-3100Y-1BCR / Vintage Casio DW-400 Tachy Meter / Vintage Dufonte / Silver Watch Co. Archetype One

Previous Mod Projects:
    Seiko SKX007 "Project Perfect SKX" / Seiko SRP775 Turtle "Project Two-Tone" / Seiko SRPB49 "Project Perfect Samurai" / Seiko SRPC91 "Project Perfect Ocean" / Seiko SKX "CWC Explorer" Mod / Seiko SKX based "Perfect Soxa" Mod

Bump for the evening crew!

Previous Mod Projects:

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: FS: "Perfect Mil-Spec" Seiko SKX-based Mod - Fully custom build by NEWW

Bump for a killer high end tool watch mod build ! Offers welcomed

Previous Mod Projects:

^^^

Previous Mod Projects:

Sunday bump! Thanks for the interest so far! Several trade offers have come in but I am not interested in trades at this time, cash only. Thanks again~

Previous Mod Projects:

Bump for the Monday crowd! Thanks for the interest so far

Previous Mod Projects:

Its replacement is here and this one needs to go! Offers welcome, thank you!

Previous Mod Projects:

^^^

Previous Mod Projects:

Bump, with a price drop to $540. Thanks for looking!

Previous Mod Projects:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information