Omega Speedmaster X-33 Gen I Converted to Gen II (EXCEPT CASEBACK) By Omega Seattle Service Center
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Omega Speedmaster X-33 Gen I Converted to Gen II (EXCEPT CASEBACK) By Omega Seattle Service Center

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Omega Speedmaster X-33 Gen I Converted to Gen II (EXCEPT CASEBACK) By Omega Seattle Service Center

$2500 REDUCED>>>$2400>>>$2300>>$2200>>$2100 all in. Thanks.

I purchased this titanium Omega X-33 3290.50 as a Gen I in July 2015 from a member here. Shiny stainless bezel, polished stainless pushers, old school knurled crown. Generously included was the amazing Omega Kevlar strap, with a genuine Omega buckle. The watch had three weeks left on a two year Omega full service warranty, which was performed in August of 2013.

It was a stretch for me at the time, and I would have preferred the Gen II, with it's titanium bezel, updated easier to pull out ribbed crown, and the brushed pushers. Two weeks after I had it, while attempting to brush the shine off the bezel, a pusher came off.

I contacted Omega Service Center Seattle, and they were absolutely fantastic from day one. I had less than a week left on the warranty, which I had earlier confirmed was transferrable, and they said send it in and they would replace all four pushers, as is their protocol (You can search for the highly involved procedure online). I asked if I purchased the Gen II bezel ($621.96), would they kindly put it on. While they were at it would they also mind replacing the polished pushers, which were being done under warranty, with the Gen II brushed version. To my surprise the agreed. Not long after I decided to go all the way with the Gen II crown, and a lovely woman on the phone said since they replace the crown during service anyway they would just put the Gen II crown on instead, for free!

I was surprised that Omega would themselves convert a Gen I to a Gen II (Except for the caseback), but they did and the paperwork is included in this sale, as is the original service paperwork and receipt from 2013.

ATTENTION: THE CASEBACK IS STILL GEN I! It does NOT say "FLIGHT CERTIFIED BY NASA FOR SPACE MISSIONS". <<<< Not on caseback. It says "Speedmaster" and has the hippocampus engraved under that, followed by the Omega logo, the last letter in the Greek alphabet. SEE PICS.

The movement is the newest and only thermo-compensated X-33 movement, the 1666C. No, there is not a 1666D movement. This was a bad piece of info related by a member here (by starting a thread claiming such) that caused a lot of confusion. He himself later corrected another for saying same...

I didn't take a movement photo when I took the watch to my watchmaker for a new battery, shortly after getting the watch. I saw it with my own eyes though, 1666C is printed clearly on the movement. My watchmaker said it aloud when I asked. Then I looked and saw it myself. Please accept my word on this. There is never a mention of movements on ebay, as most aren't even aware of the upgrade. There are Gen II's without the 1666C, but this converted Gen I has it, I guarantee (most likely installed when the full service was done in 2013).

The old parts that Omega gave me are included. Bezel, crown, pushers, and there are even some pins and a tube from the bracelet in there. They even went over the titanium bracelet! There are three extra links included, but they do not have pins and tubes with them. The former owner neglected to tell me this, but he probably never looked in the bag as he didn't need them. So, if your wrist is larger than mine, say 7 1'4" or bigger, you will need pins and tubes for the extra ilnks (around $20 genuine on ebay). The inner and outer Omega boxes included are not original to the watch, and the cushion is missing. The former owner threw it in so I am too.

If you are like a lot of us and find yourself switching from bracelet to strap and back again, the Kevlar strap will not make that decision any easier. It is fabulous, with curved ends that create a great look. These sell regularly on ebay for $322 without the Omega buckle.

It is not my practice to make a profit off members here when selling a watch. This sale is no exception. I am pleased to offer this Omega X-33 Gen I converted (by Omega Seattle Service Center) to a Gen II (except for caseback), including Kevlar strap with genuine Omega buckle, at $2500.00 >>>REDUCED>>>$2200>>$2100 all in. It will ship USPS Priority Mail to U.S. only confirmed Paypal addresses when payment clears. You will not be disappointed. No trades. No returns. Package deal only. Please check my feedback.

Thanks,

Jim

P.S. If you haven't seen it already, now is the time. Here is astronaut Chris Hadfield singing Bowie's "Space Oddity", and wearing his X-33. The X-33 is not only the coolest quartz watch in the world, but off-world as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaOC9danxNo

Last edited by galavanter; February 8th, 2016 at 00:12.
    OmegaCosmicMan and nolawis like this.

Re: Omega Speedmaster X-33 Gen I Converted to Gen II (EXCEPT CASEBACK) By Omega Seattle Service Cent

Bump

Re: Omega Speedmaster X-33 Gen I Converted to Gen II (EXCEPT CASEBACK) By Omega Seattle Service Cent

Bump

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Bump

Bump

Bump

Bump

Bump

Reduced>>>$2400 all in. Thanks.
    Last edited by galavanter; January 15th, 2016 at 17:11.

Bump

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information