WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Prometheus Jellyfish YELLOW

5K views 64 replies 1 participant last post by  Perdendosi 
#1 ·
Up for sale is a Prometheus (now Borealis, I believe) Jellyfish. This is a cool auto diver with tritium tubes. Though the watch was released a number of years ago, the tubes are still glowing nicely--not nearly as brightly as, say, BGW9 fully charged, but it's constant through the whole night. And it's easy to read in darkness. I like the watch, especially for a summertime/beach option, but as I'm getting a new yellow watch any day now, I don't think I'll have room in my collection for both. So up this one goes.

Specs:

316L stainless steel case
316L stainless steel bracelet with screw links
case size: 43 mm width
lug width: 22 mm
signed screw down crown
water resistance: 300 meters or 30 ATM
sapphire glass with anti-reflective coating inside
unidirectional external bezel with 120 clicks and tritium T25 tube marker at 0 dial with 12 pieces of tritium T25 tubes
watch hands with 3 pieces of tritium T25 tubes (hours, minutes and seconds)
Seiko automatic movement NE15A Japanese Made (Seiko 6R15 movement)

My copy is in particularly good condition considering its age. There are a few nicks on the bezel insert at about the 5 minute mark (see the pics), a few small scratches on the case, and a few on the bracelet, but they're very minor. See the pics.
I've not timed the watch for accuracy, and I'm not the original owner and don't know any service history, but the last time I wore the watch (this summer) it was running within spec. YMMV.

The watch comes with the bracelet, but I can't find any extra links. I'm going to guess that it will fit about a 6.25-6.5" wrist as-is, but if you use the diver's extension you can probably get up to 7".
No box or papers.

I'm asking $265 OBRO, shipped within the U.S. via USPS Priority Mail, and with payment via PayPal. I have great feedback; I hope you do too.

Thanks for looking! Onto the pics!
(The first set was taken today to show condition; the second set are "beauty" shots taken in September.

Watch accessory Watch Fashion accessory Jewellery Metal

Fashion accessory Strap Buckle Bracelet Jewellery

Fashion accessory Finger Jewellery Bracelet

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Yellow Fashion accessory

Watch accessory Strap

Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap Metal

Green Black Darkness Light Night

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Yellow Fashion accessory

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Analog watch Watch Wrist Watch accessory Strap

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Wrist Fashion accessory

See less See more
#2 ·
Bump!

#3 ·
Bump!

#4 ·
Bump!

#5 ·
Bump!

#6 ·
Bump!

#7 ·
Bump with a price reduction! $260!

#8 ·
Bump!

#9 ·
Bump!

#10 ·
Bump! Make an offer!

#11 ·
Bump with price reduction! $255!

#12 ·
Bump!

#13 ·
Bump!

#14 ·
Bump!

#15 ·
Bump with a price reduction! $245

#16 · (Edited)
Up for sale is a Prometheus (now Borealis, I believe) Jellyfish. This is a cool auto diver with tritium tubes. Though the watch was released a number of years ago, the tubes are still glowing nicely--not nearly as brightly as, say, BGW9 fully charged, but it's constant through the whole night. And it's easy to read in darkness. I like the watch, especially for a summertime/beach option, but as I'm getting a new yellow watch any day now, I don't think I'll have room in my collection for both. So up this one goes.

Specs:

signed screw down crown
unidirectional external bezel with 120 clicks and tritium T25 tube marker at 0 dial with 12 pieces of tritium T25 tubes

My copy is in particularly good condition considering its age. There are a few nicks on the bezel insert at about the 5 minute mark (see the pics), a few small scratches on the case, and a few on the bracelet, but they're very minor. See the pics.
I've not timed the watch for accuracy, and I'm not the original owner and don't know any service history, but the last time I wore the watch (this summer) it was running within spec. YMMV.

The watch comes with the bracelet, but I can't find any extra links. I'm going to guess that it will fit about a 6.25-6.5" wrist as-is, but if you use the diver's extension you can probably get up to 7".
No box or papers.

I'm asking xxx OBRO, shipped within the U.S. via USPS Priority Mail, and with payment via PayPal. I have great feedback; I hope you do too.

(The first set was taken today to show condition; the second set are "beauty" shots taken in September.

View attachment 14833291
View attachment 14833293

View attachment 14833295

View attachment 14833297
View attachment 14833299
View attachment 14833301
View attachment 14833303
View attachment 14833307
View attachment 14833305
View attachment 14833311
View attachment 14833309
Bump!

#17 ·
Bump! (I'm on vacation today and tomorrow. I'll try to check PM's here but please be patient if I don't respond right away.)

#18 ·
Bump!

#19 ·
Bump!

#20 ·
Bump with price reduction! $240!

#21 ·
Bump!

#22 ·
Bump!

#23 ·
Bump!

#24 ·
Bump! $235!

Specs:

signed screw down crown

No box or papers.

I'm asking NOW $235 OBRO, shipped within the U.S. via USPS Priority Mail, and with payment via PayPal. I have great feedback; I hope you do too.

View attachment 14833291
View attachment 14833293

View attachment 14833295

View attachment 14833297
View attachment 14833299
View attachment 14833301
View attachment 14833303
View attachment 14833307
View attachment 14833305
View attachment 14833311
View attachment 14833309

#25 ·
Bump!

#26 ·
Bump!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.