For sale Calypsomatic 7085

Thread: For sale Calypsomatic 7085

Hi folks, I am offering my Titus Calypsomatic 7085 with the big logo and ofcourse with the famous big crown for sale.

Condition is Pre-owned and all original. The watch has been serviced last year in 2019.

The bracelet is not included with the sale.

i was only able to upload one picture but if you want to see more, please let me know. You can also contact me on my Instagram account: denny_vintagewatchcollector.

Some extra info about the refnr. 7085
    The third generation as I like to call it, depending if you consider the 5913 to be 1,2 or even 3 executions on its own. Here our beloved Calypsomatic is quite similar to its predecessor with only a few minor changes. By this time it is the early to mid 60’s and the Calypsomatic along with other dive watches have began to establish itself in the market both in demand and design.
    Starting with the dial on this reference, it is the exact same dial as its predecessor for the early production run. This is likely because like all brands whatever parts were left over would simply be used first before using the next batch of parts creating what collector's call "transitional" models. This was just smart and economical for every brand and Titus was no different. So you will commonly see a 7085 marked case or case-back with a large logo, T Swiss Made T, gilt dial as you seen in the later 5913 reference.
    The next visible difference is the bezel. While the material, shape and size are the same as the second generation 5913, one should expect the 7085 to have a triangle pip and not the circular one that we have seen in the previous references. Also, both the count up and count down bezels were still being used. Expect the lume in the triangle to be missing most of the time, a relume fill in is common and recommended when missing.
    Arguably the most exciting difference is the introduction of a bigger “big crown”. While the 5913 had an oversized crown, here is where we see the bullet style massive ~7.4mm crown that vintage diver fans go crazy for. This is the largest crown ever fitted onto a Calypsomatic. This one has a large bump on the end that gives it the Calypsomatic signature look that many are accustomed to seeing. It is a screw down and unsigned with the same 2 piece male and female stem as before.
    The date wheel with the early big logo dial should be a blue and red over white. If the dial is the new small logo dial then it can have either the blue/red or the all black date wheel. More commonly the black date wheel should be seen. We will see an all black over white date wheel in the following Calypsomatic so it is likely that it was introduced in the later production of the 7085 along with the new dial. The domed crystal has the bubble cyclops but this time it is very large making the date numbers appear huge.

I am asking €2500 but open for offers.

i prefer a banktransfer.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by denny73; 1 Week Ago at 11:51.

Re: For sale Calypsomatic 7085

Sold!

Thread Information