The self-winding Gyromatic, 17-jewel wristwatches were the workhorses of the Girard-Perregaux line in the 1950s. They were designed with simple round or square faces in metals ranging from polished stainless steel to gold. I’ve seen very few GP Gyromatic Black Dial watches in this original condition.
- Original elegant uncommon black dial with light patina
- Polished steel hands and markers
- Stainless steel case in very good condition considering age (light swirls and no dings)
- Case number 70452910 with GP logo on case-back (Swiss made GP watch cases have the GP logo, while US made cases and construction only bear the signature "G/P")
- Signed GP crown
- Rhodium nickel plated movement , 17 Jewels
- GP 21.19 movement with movement no. 2119282
- Signed dial, case-back, crown and movement
- Comes with new black textured leather strap
- Keeps good time
From Ranfft Watches - bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements : Girard-Perregaux 21
Priced conservatively at $350. More pictures available upon request.