Casio F91W vs A158W Bands
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By PunkJr
  • 1 Post By PunkJr
  • 1 Post By PunkJr

Thread: Casio F91W vs A158W Bands

Casio F91W vs A158W Bands

Hello all

I have a few G-Shocks but after purchasing a Cartier Tank and wearing it for while, I have found that I am started to gravitate towards smaller discreet watches. Now when I put on my G Shocks or Omega Hour Vision, they feel enormous. So I pulled the trigger on an F91W and I really like the size on my 8" wrist. The only problem is that the band is too small. I have to put the clasp through the second last hole, which is fine but then the keeper keeps shifting and the band end pops out. It might do the 30 times a day which is annoying. I thought about getting some Loctite 401 and glueing the keeper in position but then I would not be able to get the strap in and out easily. So I now look to the A158W but I am wondering if I wouldn't have the same issue. I am unable to try one in the flesh and so I am wondering if anyone has both of these watches and is able to tell me if the metal band fits a larger wrist than the F91W? Thanks.

Re: Casio F91W vs A158W Bands

I have both, and the A-158W definitely seems to have a tiny bit more wiggle room than the F-91W. Not a huge margin, though.
    Edit: actually the tang and buckle on my F-91W were folded up in this photo, making it look shorter. The straps are almost exactly the same length.
    The W-800 beats them all. The strap is super long and comfy. It's hard to tell in this picture because the strap is actually curled up a bit (I wear it a lot!) making it look shorter than it is. But that's an option too. A bit larger than either of the others, but still smaller than a G-Shock.

Name:  casios.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  276.7 KB

Thank you Dennis, this is a perfect answer. I think with a different style of latching mechanism I can get the a158 to fit without the issues of the keeper that I have with the f91.
    Dennis Parris likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

A small o-ring also works well as a keeper. They donít shift around like a normal keeper. Just a thought if you wanted to occasionally wear your 91 without the keeper issue bothering you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Encourage someone. The world has enough critics.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon\ View Post
    If I wasnít spending money on G-Shocks, my wife would be spending it on dumb sh*t like food and bills.

Quote Originally Posted by Prdrers View Post
    A small o-ring also works well as a keeper. They don’t shift around like a normal keeper. Just a thought if you wanted to occasionally wear your 91 without the keeper issue bothering you.

Thank you for the tip, I will certainly give that a shot.

I received the A158 yesterday and the band can accommodate a larger wrist as there is no issue with the band/keeper. The clasp can be slid right to the end. It is wearing nicely on the wrist.
    Prdrers likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PunkJr View Post
    Thank you for the tip, I will certainly give that a shot.

I received the A158 yesterday and the band can accommodate a larger wrist as there is no issue with the band/keeper. The clasp can be slid right to the end. It is wearing nicely on the wrist.
    No worries.

Iíve always wanted to give the 158 or 168 a shot, but Iím afraid itíll be a hair puller. I guess itís not an expensive gamble either way.

Encourage someone. The world has enough critics.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon\ View Post
    If I wasnít spending money on G-Shocks, my wife would be spending it on dumb sh*t like food and bills.

It was fine yesterday, I've had worse
    Prdrers likes this.

Thread Information