WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Fenix 6 (Solar?) & Tactical Garmin Instinct

105K views 446 replies 50 participants last post by  gaijin 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Yeah, agreed, that will be a monster that'll cause most current garmin owners to upgrade, and create a stampede of people on the sidelines who've been thinking of switching from apple and/or getting a fitness watch

I really like the Marq Captain, but am thinking the price will come down especially if new models come out with better screens and solar ... in that scenario, i'd probably go for the solar

#13 ·
Confirmed:
Wow, released Aug 29th, that's a heck of a lot sooner than 2020

Pics for the lazy:

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Brown

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Font

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Font Fashion accessory

Fit for performance with rugged, sophisticated design that features a big 1.4" Sunlight-readable display (36% larger Than previous Fenix models) with bezels in stainless steel, titanium or diamond-like carbon (DLC) coating

Features enhanced wrist heart rate (data and information provided by the device is intended to be a close estimation of your activity and Metrics tracked, but may not be precisely accurate)

Advanced training features include pacepro for grade-adjusted pace guidance throughout your activity Plus environmentally adjusted Vo2 Max and training status estimates

Navigate the outdoors with preloaded TOPO maps, ski maps for over 2, 000 worldwide ski resorts, multiple global navigation satellite system (GPS, GLONASS and Galileo) support and built-in sensors for 3-axis compass, gyroscope and barometric altimeter

Support for Garmin Pay contactless payments (not all countries and payment Networks eligible), music storage W/ premium streaming service (May require a premium subscription) support, smart notifications (when paired with a compatible smartphone)

Product description
With a big, sunlight-readable 1.4" display that's 36% larger Than previous Fenix® models, The Fenix 6x Pro and Fenix 6x sapphire multisport GPS watches add mapping, music and more to your workouts. They offer training status, running/cycling dynamics and environmentally adjusted Vo2 Max estimates. Both models feature a first-of-its-kind pacepro™ feature that helps keep your pacing strategy on track, Providing grade-adjusted guidance as you run a course. Styled for all-day wearability, these versatile watches come with preloaded topo maps and ski maps for more than 2, 000 worldwide ski resorts. Other highlights include enhanced wrist heart rate (The data and information provided by these devices is intended to be a close estimation of your activity and metrics tracked, but may not be precisely accurate), smart notifications (when paired with a compatible smartphone), pulse ox (this is not a medical device and is not intended for use in the diagnosis or monitoring of any medical condition) sensing, Garmin Pay™ contact less payments (not all countries and payment networks are eligible) and more. Customizable power Manager modes let you see and control how various settings and sensors impact battery life. Sapphire editions add the quality and durability of a scratch-resistant sapphire lens and other premium materials.

#18 ·
ha - that' why i copied the text and pulled over the pics, I thought that might happen ... but interesting part is the pre-order capability and the release date of Aug 29th. Was that a mistake? A tentative, not confirmed date?

The latter would make more sense since the toothpaste is out of the tube and any buyers who've seen this will likely wait for the new release, so what purpose does it serve to pull down the link??

Unless the date is unconfirmed and/or Garmin is running into quality / release issues

#22 ·
I just pre-ordered the Instinct Tactical for shipment 13 August - we'll see.

HTH

Edit to add:

The specific model I ordered is black:
Gaijin - where did you order from? I've been hankering for a solar Fenix for a couple of years now - still trying to source the specs though before pulling the trigger

#26 ·
I dont see anything physically different with the instinct tactical over the original. Is it just software differences? If so there is very little reason to upgrade. You'd be crazy to really use this for parachuting, as such gimmicky in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

#38 ·
No, they will be a feminine version and male version like on the previous version.

The all black sapphire Fenix 5S Plus was (is) a great watch.

The new thing now is the "normal version" with no maps and the "pro" with cartography and then the "sapphire" with cartography too.

Also it seems like they will be 3 sizes of screen: 1,2" 1,3" and 1,4"... And different resolution 280x280 for the X version.

Let see also if they will be released as soon as 29th of August ...

I wonder if Rainmaker has passed all his summer with those new toys to test. ;-)

#39 · (Edited)
Another article with specs as given by ActiveJR.

The three resolutions 6S 240x240 the 6 260x260 and the 6X 280x280
need to be confirmed... I wonder if those new resolutions will change things for the applications on the market... Will the 6X have a black ring when using a 240x240 application on its 280x280 screen ?

With my Galaxy watch 46mm, I'm now used to 1.3" (33 mm) Super AMOLED (360 x 360) and it is an eye candy. ;-)

Here the article anyway:

https://the5krunner.com/2019/08/21/garmin-fenix-6-specifications/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.