WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Fenix 6 (Solar?) & Tactical Garmin Instinct

105K views 446 replies 50 participants last post by  gaijin 
#1 ·
#377 ·
Can I just ask a question here I am currently rocking the Instinct Tactical and am considering the F6 purely for the advantage of listening to music when working out.

So any issues with iTunes or Powerbeats Pro for music I should be aware of so I can ditch my phone and lighten my load.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#379 ·
Can I just ask a question here I am currently rocking the Instinct Tactical and am considering the F6 purely for the advantage of listening to music when working out.

So any issues with iTunes or Powerbeats Pro for music I should be aware of so I can ditch my phone and lighten my load.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Honestly, you're better suited to ask this question on the Garmin forums.

I myself don't use my F6X Solar for music, so I can't be of assistance.

#382 ·
Dang you Nemo, Divine and gaijin......I blame you!

Just ordered a 6xpro and the TI bracelet from Amazon......

Have been happy with my Instinct, but have had the itch for a 6 for sometime, and I blame your pics, especially of the topo maps, for pushing me over the edge!

My 3 HR lasted for years, I flirted with a 5, then the Instinct........

Almost 7 days of battery life with my instinct - 2 gps dog walks per day, combined 2 hrs minimum.....3-4 gym/runs of an hour each...will the 6xpro be up to that?

At least with Amazon I get to play, and decide which I ultimately keep!

Should be here Wednesday.....

#385 · (Edited)
Re: Fenix 6 (Solar?) & Tactical Garmin Instinct

Thanks, I really like that EuroPilot watchface.

It reminds me of the watch I developed for my Pebble:

Reactions: Nemo_Sandman
#388 ·
6x pro arrived Wednesday, so have a few days to play.....

What I love:

- it's a Garmin! Easy to set up and use, Garmin connect is a breeze + works pretty much the same as my 3HR and even the Instinct!
- display is very nice, with plenty of room for those many data fields
- battery life appears to be stellar......fully charged on Wednesday, so we'd evening/thurs/Friday morning I've used constant HR, 6 GPS events totalling 9 hours, 2 workouts totalling 2 hours, and at 84%, showing 17days.....so If I get 20 days on a charge, with that usage, it will be almost 3 times better than my Instinct managed and 7 times better than the 5 I had and returned due to the garbage battery life!

Anyways, so far am very pleased!

Watch Analog watch Wrist Watch accessory Strap

#400 ·
Is the F6 display same as F5? I have the F5 and it's a dim screen (one of my minor peeves). Not as bad as my old neg Suunto Core but its not a bright display by far. I was out at my local REI last weekend and flirted briefly with the Instinct (display model) and I like the screen on that a lot better than the Fenix.

#401 ·
So...
THEY ALL WENT SOLAR !!! even the Instinct which seems to be an much better Solar than the Fenix...

And with a Sapphire Power Glass for the Tactix Delta !!!

#404 ·
About 6 weeks into my Fenix 6x Pro and loving it.......love the customizable dials, the maps, and just general "multi-tool" approach it takes to the sheer amount of data and options.

I have settled in to a 15 day battery life, using:
  • GPS 2-3 hours per day for dog walks, and hiking.
  • 3-4 1 hour workouts per week
  • 2-3 additional hikes per week with Mrs Maddog, with probably 3-4 more hours of GPS usage.

so more than twice the Instinct, plus all the other options - very happy!

#405 ·
About 6 weeks into my Fenix 6x Pro and loving it.......love the customizable dials, the maps, and just general "multi-tool" approach it takes to the sheer amount of data and options.

I have settled in to a 15 day battery life, using:
  • GPS 2-3 hours per day for dog walks, and hiking.
  • 3-4 1 hour workouts per week
  • 2-3 additional hikes per week with Mrs Maddog, with probably 3-4 more hours of GPS usage.
so more than twice the Instinct, plus all the other options - very happy!

View attachment 15345296
And it us also a looker ! ;-)
Wear it in good health !!

In terms of "wearability" ?
How is the transition from the 47mm Instinct to the 51mm 6X Pro ?

#412 ·
Removing scratches on bracelet and bezel.
Actually changing the line direction on the bezel to erase the marks and scratches.

Very happy with the ultra fine orange jeweler pad used.
Nice job. I'm curious, did you take the bezel off or keep it on and tape off the crystal and other bits?

Do you know what grade of Ti Garmin uses?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.