I've had my Garmin Instinct for a couple of weeks now and really like this watch. The 4.00 software added some nice features. Hoping that the next release adds more user feedback too. I don't know how to communicate with Garmin for a request list for software changes but thought they might be reading this forum or we could get them to read it if it is from passionate users as we are.
I'll start with my list of things I'd like improved:
1. Stopwatch- needs to let you leave the stopwatch and get to the regular other watch functions. Needs to have the current time visible while timing events.
2. Sunrise / Sunset Widget - needs to have altitude and azimuth of the sun at the current time and current time displayed.
3. Moonrise / Moonset Widget - needs to have altitude and azimuth of the moon at the current time and current time displayed.
4. New watch face options. Would like more flexibility to create screens. At least a few more canned screens with more details and/or data fields on the display. Example I like to see UTC and moon phase but have to choose. Let UTC go to the bottom line too. Perhaps an option to reduce the time digit size and add another line of detail data. Ability to eliminate the graph and add data fields where the graph was. Better yet give us the ability to design screens on the phone application.
5. Gesture backlight is very useful to me but not very reliable. Perhaps some improvement to the sensitivity or adjustable sensitivity so it is more predictable.
Hoping other Instinct owners can add to the request list.