• 1 Post By j8j
  • 1 Post By GaryK30
  • 1 Post By elborderas
  • 2 Post By tekmonkey
  • 1 Post By Odie

Thread: Garmin Instinct Software Upgrade Request List

j8j

Garmin Instinct Software Upgrade Request List

I've had my Garmin Instinct for a couple of weeks now and really like this watch. The 4.00 software added some nice features. Hoping that the next release adds more user feedback too. I don't know how to communicate with Garmin for a request list for software changes but thought they might be reading this forum or we could get them to read it if it is from passionate users as we are.

I'll start with my list of things I'd like improved:

1. Stopwatch- needs to let you leave the stopwatch and get to the regular other watch functions. Needs to have the current time visible while timing events.
    2. Sunrise / Sunset Widget - needs to have altitude and azimuth of the sun at the current time and current time displayed.
    3. Moonrise / Moonset Widget - needs to have altitude and azimuth of the moon at the current time and current time displayed.
    4. New watch face options. Would like more flexibility to create screens. At least a few more canned screens with more details and/or data fields on the display. Example I like to see UTC and moon phase but have to choose. Let UTC go to the bottom line too. Perhaps an option to reduce the time digit size and add another line of detail data. Ability to eliminate the graph and add data fields where the graph was. Better yet give us the ability to design screens on the phone application.
    5. Gesture backlight is very useful to me but not very reliable. Perhaps some improvement to the sensitivity or adjustable sensitivity so it is more predictable.

Hoping other Instinct owners can add to the request list.
    GaryK30 likes this.

Re: Garmin Instinct Software Upgrade Request List

Allow a second time zone other than UTC on the main timekeeping screen.

Provide tide graphs.
    Nemo_Sandman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by j8j View Post
    I've had my Garmin Instinct for a couple of weeks now and really like this watch. The 4.00 software added some nice features. Hoping that the next release adds more user feedback too. I don't know how to communicate with Garmin for a request list for software changes but thought they might be reading this forum or we could get them to read it if it is from passionate users as we are.

I'll start with my list of things I'd like improved:

1. Stopwatch- needs to let you leave the stopwatch and get to the regular other watch functions. Needs to have the current time visible while timing events.
    2. Sunrise / Sunset Widget - needs to have altitude and azimuth of the sun at the current time and current time displayed.
    3. Moonrise / Moonset Widget - needs to have altitude and azimuth of the moon at the current time and current time displayed.
    4. New watch face options. Would like more flexibility to create screens. At least a few more canned screens with more details and/or data fields on the display. Example I like to see UTC and moon phase but have to choose. Let UTC go to the bottom line too. Perhaps an option to reduce the time digit size and add another line of detail data. Ability to eliminate the graph and add data fields where the graph was. Better yet give us the ability to design screens on the phone application.
    5. Gesture backlight is very useful to me but not very reliable. Perhaps some improvement to the sensitivity or adjustable sensitivity so it is more predictable.

Hoping other Instinct owners can add to the request list.
    Maybe the best place to post your requests is this one:
    https://forums.garmin.com/outdoor-re...ion/f/instinct

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by j8j View Post
    I don't have the instinct with me right now, and I am traveling but, if i remember correctly, this is possible.
    Did you try pressing and holding the "Back" button to exit the stopwatch?
    Nemo_Sandman likes this.

* Tide graph (preferably with moon phase)
    japc and Nemo_Sandman like this.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.

Specialization is for insects.

Post your suggestions here:

https://forums.garmin.com/outdoor-re...ggestions-list

Garmin doesn’t visit this forum.
    Nemo_Sandman likes this.

Thread Information