I still can't decide on an ABC

Thread: I still can't decide on an ABC

Banned

I still can't decide on an ABC

It seems like every 6 months or so I post on here looking for advice on an ABC.

Anyway, I would like a reverse display model with a Ti bracelet (and maybe some kind of dark coating, like PVD, but that is not necessary) but they seem really hard to find.

I like the look of the PRX2000, but I'm not prepared to spend $800+.

Ideally I would like to spend less than US$300, and closer to US$200.

I quite like the look of the PRG-200T-7D.

But if possible I like them even chunkier and 'blockier' (can't think of a better way to describe it).

I rememebr reading that the PRG-240 is better than the 200, but I can't remember why it is better. Is it that much better, or is the 200 a good choice?

I really like the look of this one:

Does it come with a Ti bracelet? Is the 130 a good model? Or is it lacking features that the 200 and 240 have?

Does increasing magnitude indicate better model? i.e. 2000 is better than 1500 is better than 240 is better than 200 is better than 130 is better than 80?

I also really like this PRG-240-1JF

If it comes on a bracelet I could probably forego a reverse display.

Thanks!
    Last edited by jason_recliner; September 2nd, 2010 at 06:24.

Banned

Re: I still can't decide on an ABC

I did somereading and found out that the 240 will soon be available with a Ti bracelet. That is probably the watch for me. And apparently the module may be available with reverse LCD. If that is combined with the Ti bracelet that would be about the perfect ABC for me.

AFAIK, the prg240 and paw2000/prg200 have the same module. The main differences are in the case size, button covers, and bezel on the 240. Basically, the 240 is a chunkier 'field use' version of the prg200.

As far as quality/# of features increasing with model number for pathfinders...not really. It is better simply to compare the models one to another and leave it at that. Queen6 has posted tons of comparative analyses of the various pathfinder models...best way is just to search a model number here and you will run smack dab into them.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Shademantis View Post
    AFAIK, the prg240 and paw2000/prg200 have the same module. The main differences are in the case size, button covers, and bezel on the 240. Basically, the 240 is a chunkier 'field use' version of the prg200.
    I'm not an expert, having only got it today, but I can certainly confirm that the module on the 200/2000 isn't the same. The Alarm/Sig/Mute displays on the 200/2000 are arrows along the perimeter of the LCD, not icons on the display as shown on the 240.
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

You are correct. I should've been more clear. The modules for the prg240 (3246) and the prg200 (3173) are functionally the same (identical user manual) but with a few display arrangement differences. The most obvious of which is the inclusion of the green square in the upper left quadrant.
    Last edited by Shademantis; September 3rd, 2010 at 01:14.

I just picked up a PAG-80T at the beginning of August for just a little over $160 shipped on an overstock sale at REI though I don't know if they ship out to Oz.

It's an awesome watch!

Cheers,
    Griff

Quote Originally Posted by jason_recliner View Post
    I did somereading and found out that the 240 will soon be available with a Ti bracelet. That is probably the watch for me. And apparently the module may be available with reverse LCD. If that is combined with the Ti bracelet that would be about the perfect ABC for me.
    Ti version of the PRG-240 is a comin

Q-6

Thread Information