Like Tree10Likes
  • 6 Post By WorthTheWrist
  • 1 Post By mpalmer
  • 1 Post By NC_Hager626
  • 1 Post By Rocket1991
  • 1 Post By Black5

Thread: My just-arrived Tissot T-Touch Expert titanium

My just-arrived Tissot T-Touch Expert titanium

I like ana-digis, especially tool-y ones with a lot of functionality. I love titanium watches. I love bracelets. And interesting dials.

When I saw this Tissot T-Touch Expert titanium, Model T0134204420200, on sale at Jomashop for just $399 with coupon code, well under what it's going for elsewhere, I impulse-bought. It's arrived, and I'm really liking it.

Name:  IMG_20200205_164359_2 (1).jpg
Views: 66
Size:  116.1 KB

Name:  IMG_20200205_164302_2 (1).jpg
Views: 67
Size:  127.6 KB

I like the sporty, race-car-driver look (the digital cutout taking half of a couple of numbers I'm not a big fan of, but, eh.) The carbon fiber dial is cool, something different. The bezel is bidirectional.

44mm, sapphire crystal, 100m water resistance.

Perpetual calendar, altimeter, barometer, thermometer, compass, two time zones, alarm, stopwatch, all with their T-Touch technology. It all keys off of the bigger "T button" at 3, then you touch the watch glass near different words for various changes and functionalities. I picked it up really quickly. One drawback: Some of the functionality involves touching the center of the crystal, so I guess you'll always be breathing on this one's crystal and rubbing it clean with your t-shirt.

Name:  IMG_20200205_164507_2 (1).jpg
Views: 66
Size:  87.9 KB

Here is a good video showing how the functionality works. The compass is particularly cool, I think:

It's all titanium, and it already vaults to the lightest watch I own. The bracelet is way cool, almost a German look to my eye, like something Sinn might have.

Name:  IMG_20200205_173150_2 (2) (1).jpg
Views: 61
Size:  138.5 KB

It's rather thick, 15mm. But being so light, it somehow seems less of an issue. I have an almost 8-inch wrist, so perhaps it would be a little harder for some of you with smaller wrists to deal with.

Name:  IMG_20200205_172037_2.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  81.6 KB

It is SO comfortable on the wrist. These shots were before I converted the date format to the American day-month-year. I'll mostly keep the digital window at Time 1, which is tied to the analog time, in order to have running seconds. (An analog second hand might have been a nice touch, but is somewhat superfluous when you have digital seconds, right?)

Name:  IMG_20200205_171956_2 (1).jpg
Views: 56
Size:  135.6 KB

Lume is OK, and if you hold that center T button for a couple of seconds, you get a nice, lit-up red digital window -- that I appreciate stays that way for 8 seconds.

Name:  IMG_20200205_172236_2_exported_1002_1580941426453.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  109.0 KB

I am sure this is going to get a ton of wear with me, as it's so comfortable and sporty and casual and useful. And sorry to my various GMTs, but for the same reasons, this probably becomes my Number-One travel watch.

Re: My just-arrived Tissot T-Touch Expert titanium

Congrats on your New arrival! Enjoy!
    WorthTheWrist likes this.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Congrats on your new Tissot. And, thanks for providing an excellent write up on your initial impressions, its functionality and pics. Enjoy your new T-Touch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Congrads!
    It should be special!

Congrats on your new purchase.

Agree with your initial impressions.

I have an earlier T-Touch II Titanium, which looks almost identical.

I find I miss an analogue second hand, as I often leave the digital window on date when at home, or second time zone when away.

Also annoying that the date format must be American, MM:DD, in 12 hour time mode, and Australian format, DD:MM, is only available with 24 h time.

Alarm is also pretty loud and useful, but temp mode is rather useless as it reflects body temperature unless you take off the watch for an extended period.

Meteo mode is great and works well giving warning if changing conditions if used correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar_917 View Post
    ^^ tells the truth on Internet forums
    SOoO many watches, SOoO little time...
    So many watches, so little time...

Thread Information