Speedmaster lcd (1977) - Page 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Speedmaster lcd (1977)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: Speedmaster lcd (1977)

Quote Originally Posted by Azreal911 View Post
    closest thing you guys got to that is this one:

http://www.seiyajapan.com/product/S-...r_SBPG001.html

solar and stuff only thing that bugs me is the back is like a snap back. not a screw back or at least held by 4 screws. That way can replace the rechargeable battery ourselves. someone did a review and said it felt solid not like those cheapo look alikes. Rare to see such a vintage style with that quality these days.

I'm not sure how this is 100m water resist with a snap back though, prying off my other snap backs, i've ruined the rubber seal before. augh.
    Ah yes. Didn't we saw a review on WUS recently about that one ?

seems pretty nice
    My YouTube channel | My ImageShack gallery

MY COLLECTION :
    Swiss : FAVRE LEUBA | FORTIS | GIRARD-PERREGAUX | JAQUET+GIRARD | LONGINES | OMEGA | TISSOT | TITUS | ZENITH
    Japanese : CASIO | CITIZEN | ORIENT | SEIKO
    Russian : POLJOT | RAKETA | SLAVA | STURMANSKIE | VOSTOK | VOSTOK EUROPE | ZVEZDA
    French : AVYSTYLE | HERMA | LIP | YEMA | YONGER & BRESSON
    German : AEROMATIC | GLASHÜTTE | TAUCHMEISTER
    Chinese : ALPHA | ARMIDA | BEIJING | FINËAT | JARAGAR | KASSAW | OHSEN | PARNIS | SANGDO | SEKARO | SMAEL | STEWAL | WINNER

Yes, the new Seiko digital has been much discussed in another thread.

I like it, but I'm thinking even higher end.

That's pretty much the highest end i've seen for that style in the last while. Its going to be hard to convince omega to put out a 70's style digital watch in the price of 1k+ these days. Even the "normal" public would look at it and scratch their heads. That seiko probably has a very selective market already making an even higher priced one would be a tough sell.
    Yee olde box of watches:
    Tag Aquaracer (blue waffle face)
    Orient CFT00002M (orange skele face)
    Casio G-Cool (GT-000), prt-40, and a 18 year old casio (DW-1100),
    casio GWM-5600-1.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Azreal911 View Post
    That's pretty much the highest end i've seen for that style in the last while. Its going to be hard to convince omega to put out a 70's style digital watch in the price of 1k+ these days. Even the "normal" public would look at it and scratch their heads. That seiko probably has a very selective market already making an even higher priced one would be a tough sell.
    I agree that the market likely wouldn't support a 1k+ digital watch.

I wouldn't want it to be 70's style. I believe a high-end digital watch could be done with a more current or innovative style.

I've finally found cheap batteries (I mean less than the usual 16€ each we usually pay here in France ) actually 10 for 4,19€ \o/

So I hope the batteries will bring the watch to life
    The contacts seem in a pretty good condition...

If it works, the next step will be to buy a bracelet extension... because putting the watch on a strap won't be a good thing, considering the strange shape of the lugs/case

we'll see... I'll keep you guys posted

MY COLLECTION :
    Swiss : FAVRE LEUBA | FORTIS | GIRARD-PERREGAUX | JAQUET+GIRARD | LONGINES | OMEGA | TISSOT | TITUS | ZENITH
    Russian : POLJOT | RAKETA | SLAVA | STURMANSKIE | VOSTOK | VOSTOK EUROPE | ZVEZDA
    Chinese : ALPHA | ARMIDA | BEIJING | FINËAT | JARAGAR | KASSAW | OHSEN | PARNIS | SANGDO | SEKARO | SMAEL | STEWAL | WINNER

Picture IT'S ALIVE !!! \o/ \o/ \o/

I've received the batteries for the Omega (there must have been a mistake, there was 2 SETS of 10, so that makes 20 batteries for less than 5€ )

I've taken the contacts off, put the two batteries in (I've learnt very recently that one of the batteries is dedicated for the sole light, which seems to drain a considerable amount of energy on its own), put the contacts back and…

Tadaaaaaa !

This is the "date" mode (14th)
    The day is pointed by a little arrow (today is Saturday, right !)

The watch is currently set on 24h mode, but there's a AM/PM mode which can be selected via a jumper, on the module.

This is the "seconds" mode

"Chrono" mode (sorry for the blurry effect, I realize it's not that easy to take good pictures of a LCD
    The chrono mode is activated by pressing three times the pusher on the upper left (therefore "chrono 3x" written on the dial) back to "hour mode" by pressing again three times the pusher.

The chrono mode can run in "hour mode", when it does, there's a little star which appears between the minute and the seconds/date

I initially intented to put the watch on a NATO, but due to the specific shape of the case, it might look weird, so I'll stay with the bracelet. But I must find an extension, because it's really too tight right now

busmatt likes this.

MY COLLECTION :

Good to see mate!

Congrats! Glad that it worked for you.

It's interesting that AM/PM vs 24HR is a jumper rather than a pushbutton choice.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidj View Post
    Good to see mate!
    :thanks kiwi

Quote Originally Posted by gloster View Post
    Congrats! Glad that it worked for you.

It's interesting that AM/PM vs 24HR is a jumper rather than a pushbutton choice.
    Thanks G, yes, the jumper is quite unusual for me... on my CASIO Melody Alarm, a combination of two pushers does the trick.
    Anyway, I'm more of a 24h guy so I've kept it that way

MY COLLECTION :

Quote Originally Posted by Reno View Post
    the next step will be to buy a bracelet extension... because putting the watch on a strap won't be a good thing, considering the strange shape of the lugs/case

we'll see... I'll keep you guys posted
    Done. I've ordered this tonight :

http://www.atlantime.com/F_frame.htm..._grp_15-1.html

Hope it'll work

MY COLLECTION :

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information