I'm new on this forum so I'd like to say "Hello" and "I'm so sorry for my english" at the beginning :)
I am a happy, new owner of the secondhand silver, supershining Suunto X-Lander in a great condition. X-Lander seems to be an awesome watch, but few things are bothering me.
1) Right upper button is the select mode button. Is there any way to go back to the time mode avoiding compass mode with high power consumption, If we are in altimeter mode?
2) Suunto has mineral glass face, which should be scratch resistant. I'm very carrefoul with that watch but unfortunately I've noticed some scratches on it, wchich aren't before. I don't remember when it happened. Is it normal that it scratches so easy? Is there any way to protect it? (polycarbonate foil, etc.)
3) Water resistant. I have read that X-Lander can be taken into the water for swimming without any obstacles. The battery cover is scratched so it seems to be replaced couple times before, so I don't know if it's still water resistant. Should it be taken to the watch-shop for the pressure test before swimming? What about silicone on the gasket, should it be oiled?
4) Outer ring shows seconds in time mode. These seconds are shown in strange way: 1-2-3-2-1...1-2-3-2-1...1-2-3-2-1... I used to use wind rose beazel for simple timer, but in that case it is useless. Is there any way to change that showing from tripple to single mode?
5) Altimeter/Barometer. Is it normal that during my 8h work at one place my altitude differs with almost 30- 50 meters? I know that altitude is taken from the air pressure, but is there any way to correct it somehow? In manual I've found that with unstable air pressure the barometer mode should be set. Should it be set pernamently, or just some setting should be turned on?