Can someone please tell me about this watch? Orient FET0M001B0

Thread: Can someone please tell me about this watch? Orient FET0M001B0

Can someone please tell me about this watch? Orient FET0M001B0

Hello there.

I'm newbbie to the forum and to watch collecting. I currently own an Orange Monster, and I have Steinhart Aviation on it's way. I am interesting in trying out Orient watches. I came across this interesting piece, but I haven't found any reviews on it. Anyone? Thanks

Name:  Orient FET0M001B0 copy.jpg
Views: 1210
Size:  128.1 KB

Re: Can someone please tell me about this watch? Orient FET0M001B0

I have no experience with this model in particular but Orient watches tend to be a fantastic deal for the price. I have a lower end model that was worn by my father, then broken and kept in a drawer for at least 8 years. I finally decided to give it a try and take it to be repaired. The repair was inexpensive and the watch is now running with uncanny accuracy (it is actually the most accurate of all my automatics, which include two Citizen eagle 7, a Swatch and my grandfather's Seiko 5). My orient is/was probably worth almost the same as the Citizens but is entirely made of solid steel (the Citizens are chromed "base metal", which I think is brass) and came with one of the best made folded-link bracelets I have ever owned, including some from Casio, Citizen and Seiko. Probably only the swatch is better because it has solid-links and is much more hefty.

I heard Orient was acquired by Seiko and that should add some credibility to the brand. I'd say go for it if the price is right. And btw that is a handsome dial.

Re: Can someone please tell me about this watch? Orient FET0M001B0

Thank you for the information. yeah, I've heard great things about Orient and that it is a great bang for the buck. I do love the dial on this watch, I just want to see if anyone has it and what their thoughts on it are. I don't want to go ahead, buy it then not being what it looks like in the pic, you know. I will update if I decide to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by kurazaybo View Post
    I have no experience with this model in particular but Orient watches tend to be a fantastic deal for the price. I have a lower end model that was worn by my father, then broken and kept in a drawer for at least 8 years. I finally decided to give it a try and take it to be repaired. The repair was inexpensive and the watch is now running with uncanny accuracy (it is actually the most accurate of all my automatics, which include two Citizen eagle 7, a Swatch and my grandfather's Seiko 5). My orient is/was probably worth almost the same as the Citizens but is entirely made of solid steel (the Citizens are chromed "base metal", which I think is brass) and came with one of the best made folded-link bracelets I have ever owned, including some from Casio, Citizen and Seiko. Probably only the swatch is better because it has solid-links and is much more hefty.

I heard Orient was acquired by Seiko and that should add some credibility to the brand. I'd say go for it if the price is right. And btw that is a handsome dial.

Thread Information