Initial Impressions: Orient "Golden Eye" DB05002B
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By K Kruiser
  • 1 Post By K Kruiser

Thread: Initial Impressions: Orient "Golden Eye" DB05002B

Initial Impressions: Orient "Golden Eye" DB05002B

I've been "chrono crazy" lately and wanted a smaller and elegant watch that looks great with either a dress shirt or polo. I'm a big fan of Orient watches (I have a Pepsi Mako and Duty) and came across the "Golden Eye." I was impressed with the dial, semi skeleton, gold indices, and most importantly, the sapphire crystal. After some searching, I was able to get a great deal on one.
    I got this guy yesterday and am really impressed, again, by Orient's offerings. Though it has a classic and restrained look, it stands out nicely due to the open-heart and gold indices. Very smooth second hand sweep. The band has a brushed and polished stainless links. At this price point, you can't expect a butterfly clasp and overall, the band is nice but nothing to write home about.
    The display back is nice to have and Orient made an effort to dress up this movement. They're not known for the nicest looking automatic movements, but they're bullet proof and reliable. However, the open-heart part of the movement is nicely polished and looks great tickin.'
    You've also have the nice little touch of a gold plated crown with engraved logo along with the logo on the clasp.
    Overall, it's a great price and very elegant watch!

Name:  WRUW-5:16.jpg
Views: 6759
Size:  784.4 KBName:  GE1.jpg
Views: 5979
Size:  335.7 KBName:  GE2.jpg
Views: 5621
Size:  451.3 KBName:  GE3.jpg
Views: 5439
Size:  295.4 KBName:  GE-4.jpg
Views: 5631
Size:  385.9 KB
    DJW GB, daniel9399 and Mil6161 like this.

Re: Initial Impressions: Orient "Golden Eye" DB05002B

Hi there , nice purchase . I do not usually go for watches with gold in but I think yours has the right amount in . I think its because they have left it off of the strap and concentrated on the dial , it looks very classy . Of course your pictures help by being very good and they also show how it can change with the light. Thanks for sharing. DW.

Thanks. I don't do gold so this was a bit of a stretch for me and but gold details are in the right place.
    Last edited by K Kruiser; May 17th, 2013 at 00:30.
    julialgo likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Good looking watch. I can see why it's called "Golden Eye".

Hello, may I ask how much did you pay for this beautiful piece? I´m intrigue and planning on getting one. Greetings.

Looks great. Enjoy

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

I'm a huge fan of this style. I got the standard SS version though, so it's more of a "Silver Eye". It's a fantastic watch though. Mine doesn't keep time very well though, and usually fluctuates between +/- 15 seconds. Maybe it's just mine, who knows. I feel bad because I cycles through my watches and this is one that sits on the sidelines more than the others,simply because it does not have a date. As a teacher, I tend to write passes/date forms and papers a lot and usually refer to my watch.

Overall, it's a fantastic watch for the price. I got it from OrientUSA and received a nice watch for my fiance and a few other miscellaneous gifts, as well as a nice discount. Not going to lie though, after this, I have become very fond of the Orient line and will be purchasing another soon!

I love the look of this watch. The hands are probably my favorite part cause ive never seen another watch with the split hands and I love how they polished the movement, makes it look that much more beautiful. I only wish it had a date indicator.

Thread Information