Orient bambino er24002w rose gold on white
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Linedw

Thread: Orient bambino er24002w rose gold on white

Just received my bambino from discountwatchstore.com...they had a really good sale on this particular model and color, ($69.90). I read the review of this watch on worn and wound and was intrigued by the domed crystal, so I pulled the trigger, especially at such a low price. The rose gold was not my original choice (wanted ss) but it was all that was available, and at that low price I thought what the hell.

Here are some of my initial impressions of the watch:

-the domed crystal is very cool in person...it is very domed and definitely gives that retro feel

-the pie pan dial shape is cool as well and gives some dimension to the dial. However I wish the hands were longer and bent with the dial..that would have really completed the retro look

-overall I was a bit disappointed in the dial finish...it seems to lack a certain punch or sheen that I was hoping for. It's a bit dull looking. It's hard to capture in pictures what I'm talking about, but in person it's apparent.

-the case is nicely executed with brushed sides and polished Bezel.

-the strap is of good quality with a nice croc print (it is a bit shiny for my taste, but it does go with the style of watch)

-the rose gold case/indices in my opinion is probably not the best match fort the white dial. I think ss would look much better

-the crown and stem assembly seems a bit flimsy and there is some play in it when adjusting the time that doesn't feel high quality...I'm probably being too picky here given the price point, but if I had paid the regular price of $180 I might have been mildly disappointed

-overall for the price paid its a good watch and can't really complain, but in teens of absolute quality it does lag behind my one other watch, which is a Christopher Ward c5 aviator with an ETA 2428. The overall feel and build quality of that watch is undoubtedly better. But that is not really a surprise as that watch cost me $280 or 4 times more.

On to the pictures:

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Linedw; September 12th, 2012 at 05:59.

Re: Orient bambino er24002w rose gold on white

How is the durability of the Rose Gold finish?

Have you picked up any scratches which remove the finish?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Leave nothing but bubbles.

So far no scratches

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hell of a nice watch for 70 bucks !

Nice watch... if decide to sell please let me know first I would buy just to try the rose gold finish...

It is pretty in any of the options available. I ordered some days ago a black w. ss indices. I actually thought the hands are bent a little bit at the tip. As I don't have the watch in person it may be an effect of the domed crystal. Thanks for the review!

JR1

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Sevilla Ruiz View Post
    It is pretty in any of the options available. I ordered some days ago a black w. ss indices. I actually thought the hands are bent a little bit at the tip. As I don't have the watch in person it may be an effect of the domed crystal. Thanks for the review!
    do you have the watch already? the minute and second hands are actually bent with the pie pan dial. the hour hand is straight.

Thread Information