Orient CET06001D + "Aprilgift" free watch!

Thread: Orient CET06001D + "Aprilgift" free watch!

Orient CET06001D + "Aprilgift" free watch!

I got a new CET06001D from the Orientwatchusa.com site because I wanted something lighter, and I liked the crown that wasn't at the 3 o'clock position.

Solid stainless bracelet, double pushbutton clasp. It is all brushed except for the little trapezoids in the middle of each link.

24 hour dial, day dial, and date indicator.

This is a little bit smaller than a diver, and a very elegant watch. This is the blue dial, but it is a very dark blue, not at all like what the pictures on the Orient website indicate. The band is light and thin, which I wanted.
    The back is a solid stainless screw-in style.

The movement is the Orient standard non-hacking, non-hand-winding, but the simplicity would make it a bit lighter, which is what I was looking for.

Rating for the CET06001D:
    Band: 9/10 Thin, light, but solid. Doesn't bend very far
    Clasp: 9/10 Secure, but no safety
    Case: 10/10 Elegant
    Dial: 10/10 Nice layout, elegant look

Overall 9.5/10
    An elegant watch, wouldn't look out of place with a suit. Maybe a little busy for a tux, though.

I got this with the "Aprilgift" coupon, so I got another watch for free, a simple quartz:

Resin band, only 1 pulled out position on the crown, so no quick date set. But, stainless case, and 50m water resistant. This is a smaller mens watch, or a large womens watch. I think the model number is LUN7V001M. The orange dial is all lume, so that is why there is no lume on the hour markers or hands.

The back of the quartz:

I haven't gotten anything else yet, but even so the aprilgift coupon was worth it for the 30% off and quartz watch.
    Last edited by corsec67; April 22nd, 2010 at 04:24.

Re: Orient CET06001D + "Aprilgift" free watch!

Quote Originally Posted by corsec67 View Post
    i got a new cet06001d from the orientwatchusa.com site because i wanted something lighter, and i liked the crown that wasn't at the 3 o'clock position.

Solid stainless bracelet, double pushbutton clasp. It is all brushed except for the little trapezoids in the middle of each link.

24 hour dial, day dial, and date indicator.

This is a little bit smaller than a diver, and a very elegant watch. This is the blue dial, but it is a very dark blue, not at all like what the pictures on the orient website indicate. The band is light and thin, which i wanted.
    The back is a solid stainless screw-in style.

The movement is the orient standard non-hacking, non-hand-winding, but the simplicity would make it a bit lighter, which is what i was looking for.

Rating for the cet06001d:
    Band: 9/10 thin, light, but solid. Doesn't bend very far
    clasp: 9/10 secure, but no safety
    case: 10/10 elegant
    dial: 10/10 nice layout, elegant look

overall 9.5/10
    an elegant watch, wouldn't look out of place with a suit. Maybe a little busy for a tux, though.

I got this with the "aprilgift" coupon, so i got another watch for free, a simple quartz:

Resin band, only 1 pulled out position on the crown, so no quick date set. But, stainless case, and 50m water resistant. This is a smaller mens watch, or a large womens watch. I think the model number is lun7v001m. the orange dial is all lume, so that is why there is no lume on the hour markers or hands.

The back of the quartz:

I haven't gotten anything else yet, but even so the aprilgift coupon was worth it for the 30% off and quartz watch.
    lume shot!
    "The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once...[and so we can own several watches]"

Current Collection:
    SEIKO ANANTA Chronograph SRQ005J1
    MARATHON MSAR #112 on bracelet
    SEIKO SBDC001 "SUMO" / SNMO11K "Black Samurai" / Orange Monster / SNZF17K1 "Sea Urchin"
    TISSOT PRC200 -white face on brown leather / Seastar 660 - Yellow face
    CITIZEN Promaster BJ7010-59F / Eco-drive Moonphase AP1020-57L / Perpetual Calendar BL8000-03A
    CASIO G-Shock Solar-Atomic GW6900BC-1 / DW-6900CS-1

Re: Orient CET06001D + "Aprilgift" free watch!

Nice looking watch!

Thread Information