Let's take a look at this Orient Multi-Eye:

Model: CET06001D
    Dial: Blue

Basics to all color dials (Blue, White, Black):

-Orient in-house movement-Cal. 46B, Made in Japan
    -21 Jewels
    -21,600 BPH (6 beats per sec)
    -50M (165 ft) water resistance)
    -Push/pull crown (recessed very nicely at 4 o'clock position)
    -Sunken subsidiary dials: 24 hour dial, and day dial
    -Date window at 6 o'clock
    -Luminous 12 and 9 markers, plus luminous indices at all positions except 3 and 6
    -Red-tipped chromed second hand
    -Lovely chapter ring with enumerated seconds (@ 5 second/minute intervals)
    -Screwed in caseback
    -Mineral crystal, domed
    -Solid, integrated barcelet, larger connecting link (held in place by large and thick pin/collar unit, all other links are attached by think split-pins)-brushed/polished links, no tapering Orient signed, brushed finish, dual deployant buckle
    -Weight @ 150 grams

This watch falls into that bang-for-the-buck / value watch category. A first glance at this watch might make you think that one paid at least $250.00, or maybe even more. That may sound very subjective, but it's one of those times where you have to experience the watch to understand what someone who owns it is describing.

The movement: Orient's Cal. 46B, used for many years in this particular model, quite accurate right out of the box, very reliable, long-lasting, good running history with Orient. 21 Jewels, 21,600 BPH (6 beats per sec).

The Dial: Beautiful dial; partially classic, partially modern, as the 12 and 9 markers are more modern, while the remaining dial numbering/lettering retains a classic look, and feel. Remarkably well done sunken subsidiary dials: day dial and 24 hour dial. A lovely and useful enumerated chapter ring is incorporated. The indices, as well as the second and hour hands are luminous, and chrome-edged. This really gives the watch a classic and expensive look, and feel. The date window at the 6 o'clock position is classic, and the window is chrome-edged. That's an intricate feature, found in more expensive watches.

The bracelet and case: The bracelet has a brushed/polished finish. It literally wraps aorund your wrist, thanks to its fantastic contouring. The case has a brushed/polished design, and is beveled just at the lugs. The lugs are secured by a think pin/collar system, and the entire bracelet is fastened together by thick split pins. The caseback is screwed in, with the lovely Orient logo engraved. The buckle is dual deployant and double push pin, has a brushed finish, and is signed. The crown, at the 4 o'clock position, is recessed nicely into the case.

My question always remains: "How can Orient produce these beautiful watches at very little cost to the consumer?"

All my best,

Angelis
    Last edited by Angelis; June 28th, 2009 at 15:58.

Re: Orient Cet06001d Automatic 50m Multi Eye

Nice review Angelis. I am in agreement with you about Orient....they are just darned good values indeed! And very accurate autos OTB. Thanks for your time
    "You've stolen my heart, yes You have, You've wiped away the stains, broke away the chains, yes You have!" Leeland

I have the white dial version - it was my first auto in fact. Really a great watch for the price. The only real flaw is the polished formed steel "bezel." Mine popped off a couple of times and then wouldn't stay on. I actually prefer the look of the watch without it. Attractive watch and well-built.
    I know nothing except the fact of my own ignorance. Socrates

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have the white dial as wel...and I am thinking of completing the collection buy getting the black dial. I am tired of black-dialed watches...

We'll see. It's just that good of a watch.

Angelis

Quote Originally Posted by vinylgreek View Post
    I have the white dial version - it was my first auto in fact. Really a great watch for the price. The only real flaw is the polished formed steel "bezel." Mine popped off a couple of times and then wouldn't stay on. I actually prefer the look of the watch without it. Attractive watch and well-built.
    There is no removable bezel here...what do you mean? Are you sure that you have the same model?

Angelis

Quote Originally Posted by Angelis View Post
    There is no removable bezel here...what do you mean? Are you sure that you have the same model?

Angelis
    It's not really a bezel but that is the closest description I could come up with. If you look at the brushed metal piece at the crown and follow its contour to 9 oclock, this is the piece that is not actually part of the case but attached. The reason mine came off initially was that I accidentally struck it against something. The picture shows the watch sans the piece I'm referring to.

Re: Orient CET06001D Automatic 50m Multi Eye

So it is like a bezel....and bezels are removable to replace...It looks good without it. Doesn't it snap back into place?

Angelis

Quote Originally Posted by Angelis View Post
    So it is like a bezel....and bezels are removable to replace...It looks good without it. Doesn't it snap back into place?

Angelis
    It did snap back the first few times but loosened up too much so I just left it off. I think the case is attractive without it. The problem for me is that it became my beater and it really is too attractive to abuse. Now the day indicator hand has popped off so I'll have to do a bit of repair work. For all the banging around the poor thing has suffered that's pretty minor damage. If you're nicer to yours than I was to mine it will last you a very long time and look good all the while.

George

JUST TELL ME HOW...SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS....

How on earth can this watch be so accurate? I have been wearing it everyday now for 2 weeks. I had set it once to the US Atomic Clock, and as of today, it is running at +3 sec. total.

Angelis

That is awesome lol. I think a lot of it is luck, but then some say it's not luck if it was meant to be done. Congrat's on your deal of the century!
    "You've stolen my heart, yes You have, You've wiped away the stains, broke away the chains, yes You have!" Leeland

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information