Orient CFD0E001W Executive Power Reserve - Mini Review

Thread: Orient CFD0E001W Executive Power Reserve - Mini Review

Picture Orient CFD0E001W Executive Power Reserve - Mini Review

I have been reading the forum for quite a while, but haven't posted anything significant yet. Here's my chance to give a little back for all the knowledge I've received from the rest of you.

I recently purchased the Orient CFD0E001W. It's one of the "Executive" series. I was looking for a classic, elegant dress watch, and I think this really fits the bill. With a 40 mm case diameter and 46 mm lug-to-lug, it's a perfect size (at least for my 7" wrist). The thickness (12.5 mm) is reasonable for the diameter of the watch. The subtle cross-hatch pattern on the face adds a bit of interest, and I find the combination of the ivory white face with hands that are outlined in blue to be a great combination. The second hand is all blue. I'm guessing this is similar to the famous "Mako blue" that people rave about. It changes color depending on how the light catches it, so it ranges from an electric blue to midnight. I also love the fact that the date window is on the left side.

The watch came on a metal bracelet. I actually liked the bracelet a lot. It was comfortable (as bracelets go), seemed solid and looked great. You can see it on the bracelet at the Orient USA website (CFD0E001W On Sale Now! | Orient Executive Automatic Watches & Reviews). It has hollow end links, if that matters to you. I know a lot of people feel strongly about solid end links; it wasn't a big deal to me either way. I have one of the Super Oyster II bracelets from wjean that I wear with my Seiko SKX007 -- although the Orient band is clearly not at that quality level, I can't say I noticed any problems wearing the Orient bracelet.

After wearing it on a bracelet for a few months, however, colder weather hit and I really wanted to switch to a leather band. I bought a black grained cowhide band from the Watch Prince (they call it the "Matte Shrunken Grain" model). I think the black leather band really dresses up the watch, and I can't imagine going back to the bracelet at this point. I'm attaching several photos to show how great this watch looks on a leather band.

Another shot at an angle, attempting to capture the variation in the blue color on the hands:

Since this is a dress watch, I don't wear it everyday. So I don't have very specific data on its accuracy. I will say that I set it in the morning when I'm planning to wear it and check it again at the end of the day. During that 12-14 hour time span, it typically gains 3-5 seconds. That seems quite reasonable for an automatic. I love having the power reserve indicator. In part that's because it looks cool But there's also a practical aspect - for a watch that I wear only about once a week on average, it's handy to know if it needs a good winding.

The obligatory wrist shot:

If you're looking for a classy dress watch that won't break the bank, consider the CFD0E0001. I'm sure the black version is nice too, but I highly recommend the white face version with a black strap.

Re: Orient CFD0E001W Executive Power Reserve - Mini Review

That looks super classy in leather! Is that dial a "cream" color or white? It looks white on their site, but looks very cream in your photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillhart View Post
    That looks super classy in leather! Is that dial a "cream" color or white? It looks white on their site, but looks very cream in your photos.
    They are available in both cream and white.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Beautiful watch, I'd love to have one, wondering if hack/hand winding possible? I guess glass is not sapphire also.

Very nice watch..

Correct - it has mineral glass, not sapphire. Also, not hacking and not hand-winding.

Thread Information