Orient Quartz Chronograph Review (CTD0D004B0)

Thread: Orient Quartz Chronograph Review (CTD0D004B0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Orient Quartz Chronograph Review (CTD0D004B0)

Hey guys.

After months of searching, I finally picked my everyday watch. Firstly I was looking into kinetics and automatics and all that, so my initial search lead me to various Seikos (the 5, in particular) and Russians (Vostok Amphibia).

I then realized that this watch has to last, and being a kind of poor college student, I can't afford to fix a mechanical if it needs fixed. I switched gears and looked into quartz watches around the same price. I wanted a watch with an alarm and a chronograph, with a leather band. There were a few Orients and Seikos that fit the bill, but I wanted to keep the watch under 100 shipped. A search of ebay brought me to this particular piece.

Looks:

What can I say? I think this watch is beautiful. It's simple, readable, and has the perfect amount of ornamentation. The subdials have simple texturing to make them standout, but this watch is all about the subtlety. The Arabic numerals are slightly raised, making them highly readable from a distance and in dim light. The case itself is 42mm in diameter, the band is 20mm.

At first I had a hard time dealing with the size, and even contemplated returning it, because I wasn't used to such a large watch. But the size is really growing on me. The pictures below show the watch on my 6.5" wrist. It really does wear well though, very comfortable on the leather band.

Band: The band is a simple pieced leather job. The brown has a lot of red in it, more than the pictures indicate. It is going to be replaced with a black band soon enough. It's fairly stiff and thick, and feels durable, but I'm just not jiving with the color.

Pictures:

Accuracy: Dead accurate, being a quartz and all. Within 1 second since I got it 5 days ago.

If you guys have any more questions feel free to ask.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by OldHippie1968; September 23rd, 2009 at 19:20. Reason: Attached thumbnails

Re: Orient Quartz Chronograph Review (CTD0D004B0)

yes, a black leather will enhance this watch further!
    "because nobody stops at one watch" - kohym
    http://kymwatchlog.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by kohym View Post

yes, a black leather will enhance this watch further!
    Yeah, I agree entirely.

Do you guys think it looks okay on my puny wrists?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Photobucket pics don't show up on my PC, so I can't say any pics with this post. But I'm gonna go with yes! It's a good looking watch, and not overly huge. Your wrists aren't grotesquely hairy or anything are they?

I was one of the posters guilty of trying to persuade you to go auto. Congrats for sticking to your guns. Since your first post looking for this thing I've undergone a bit of a quartz renaissance myself!

If you want me to I can email you the pics, I don't feel like resizing them because of the attachment restrictions.

It looks great on your wrist. Proof that you don't have to go broke for a nice watch.

I think the case is about 42 mm, but it looks very nice on your 6.5" wrist...

Quote Originally Posted by LaserBrown View Post
    It looks great on your wrist. Proof that you don't have to go broke for a nice watch.
    It's great to have California time (where I'll be working in 2 weeks) on one subdial and east coast time on the other. The band is breaking in and the watch is incredibly comfortable to wear. Not to mention the fact that I've banged the crystal several times and it still won't scratch.

Banned

Looks nice. Good catch. Real life pictures look SO much better than the stock photos.

I just got my digital SLR back from my friend, I'll snap some money shots later.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information