Orient Racer Automatic CFT00006W (Short Review)
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Will_f
  • 2 Post By DeFiant
  • 1 Post By Will_f

Thread: Orient Racer Automatic CFT00006W (Short Review)

Orient Racer Automatic CFT00006W (Short Review)

This review is about the Orient Racer Automatic CFT00006W (with the white face). Variants of this watch have been reviewed by others, the difference being the face color and the type of band. I've attached pictures so you can see what it looks like close up, but this review will be primarily about my impressions of the watch and hopefully I can add some new information for those considering buying this watch.

I purchased this watch as a daily wear watch when I sent in my other two watches for service (A Rolex and a Seiko). I purchased this one because I've always wanted a skeleton (well, semi skeleton) and everything I read about it said it's a fantastic watch for the money (Especially with a 50% off coupon code). I ordered it directly from the Orient USA website and was very impressed with the promptness of shipping (shipped within an hour or so of placing the order). It arrived the next day in a very nice box with the usual instructions and a second set of instructions for using the slide-rule bezel.

I immediately went to the nearest jeweler to fit the band. This was when I noticed the first thing surprising about this watch: Watch people know Orient. The watchmaker wanted to look at it and discuss his Orient watches (yes, plural and no the shop didn't sell Orients). When the Rolex dealer called to tell me when my other watches would be done (cost = about 7 Orient watches for the minimum service) I told him I'd purchased another watch to wear in the interim. He asked what kind, and of course he owns an Orient watch too. It makes me wonder if all the watchmakers in town hang out together.

The 2nd surprising thing about this watch: It's accurate. Straight out of the box it's running about 3 seconds per day fast. The reviews I read said it was accurate, but Orient promises -15+25s / day so I figured the other reviewers were either lucky or taking extra steps to ensure accuracy. I haven't done anything different with this watch than any of my other watches, so +3 seconds per day is my real world experience. I've thought about trying to replicate a COSC test to see how it compares, but frankly at this point I don't care.

The 3rd surprising thing: The band is very well made. If you like metal bracelets, definately get the version with the metal bracelet. It is very comfortable and looks classy. the clasp is stout and secure.

So, What don't I like about the watch?

1: The white face. It's really more of a brushed aluminum color and the polished clockwork behind it doesn't really stand out. Not that the white is bad, I just would prefer more contrast.

2: The slide rule is cool, but with my 45 year old eyes, I really have to squint to see the numbers. It's something to think about if you have bifocals.

Other than those two quibbles, it's a great watch and I would recommend this watch to anyone looking for a quality watch at a reasonable price.
    Attached Images Attached Images

ChiefWahoo likes this.

Re: Orient Racer Automatic CFT00006W (Short Review)

Just wanted to add a couple more pictures. The contrast against a black background seems to make this watch pop.

Name:  6079556937_bdeea24b5b_b.jpg
Views: 3841
Size:  307.5 KB
    Name:  6079557473_0f727981b7_b.jpg
Views: 3837
Size:  475.2 KB
    Name:  6079557941_b7c4ffe2f2_b.jpg
Views: 3706
Size:  396.4 KB
    Name:  6079558175_8b90aaf310_b.jpg
Views: 3660
Size:  358.6 KB
    Will_f and ChiefWahoo like this.

Your photos are much better than mine. A couple of comments now that I've had it for a while:

It's still extremely accurate, though at +-4 seconds, it's my least accurate Orient (luck of the draw)
    It looks really great any time you're wearing blue.
    The band is truly a great band.
    It looks bigger on the wrist than it is thanks to the skinny bezel
    It's a comfortable watch.

Will
    ChiefWahoo likes this.
    Owner of a bunch of cool watches.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nice watch..and base on the price tag it is value for money

Quote Originally Posted by lawt4861 View Post
    Nice watch..and base on the price tag it is value for money
    With the bracelet it's definately a good value.
    Owner of a bunch of cool watches.

Thread Information