Orient Sporty Automatic GMT CFE04002B
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Orient Sporty Automatic GMT CFE04002B

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Picture Orient Sporty Automatic GMT CFE04002B

A nice big watch that is light and comfortable to wear. The GMT hand is fixed and the 24 hour bezel can be rotated using the crown at 4 o'clock. Both crowns are of the screw in type. Lume on this watch is excellent, lasting through the night.

This watch is available in three dial colours - black, blue and white and on leather strap of stainless steel bracelet.

The inner bezel is not as easy to read as I would have hoped for. Could also be that I am now starting to need glasses for reading.

Note: the bezel is not painted in production..

Mechanical Movement : ORIENT caliber 46P40 Made in Japan
    Self-winding movement
    21 jewels
    21600/hour vibrations
    GMT function

Stainless steel case
    One-way rotating bezel
    Convex crystal glass
    Screw caseback, screwed-down crown
    Stainless steel bracelet or genuine leather strap
    Water resistant to 100m
    Diameter 44.2mm
    Thickness 14.1mm

One of the Orient watches that I would recommend, bearing in mind that, if like me you are now starting to need glasses for reading, you might want to consider the white dial version as it looks to have better constrast.

See this link for further info:

http://www.orient-watch.com/global/p...cfe04001b.html
    ChiefWahoo likes this.

Tony Lewis
    New Zealand

nuj

Re: Orient Sporty Automatic GMT CFE04002B

hello,
    i just bought this afternoon in Avenida, Manila an ORIENT GMT with stainless steel braclet like the one posted here in the forum for less than a $100 .00 ( actual amount in pesos P3,850.00). i was wondering if you can help me on how to use the other hand for the GMT, it didn't come with a manual. any help will be much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by nuj View Post
    hello,
    i just bought this afternoon in Avenida, Manila an ORIENT GMT with stainless steel braclet like the one posted here in the forum for less than a $100 .00 ( actual amount in pesos P3,850.00). i was wondering if you can help me on how to use the other hand for the GMT, it didn't come with a manual. any help will be much appreciated
    The GMT hand is not able to be set independantly. The 24 hour inner bezel can be adjusted using the crown at 4 o'clock to the time zone you want the 24 hour hand to be.

Tony Lewis
    New Zealand

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Odd that they used Convex crystal glass, what's the value of that compared to mineral and/or sapphire? Scratch easily?

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond 'The Box' View Post
    Odd that they used Convex crystal glass, what's the value of that compared to mineral and/or sapphire? Scratch easily?
    It is just a convex shaped mineral glass. Have had no problems with scratching at this point..

Cheers

Tony Lewis
    New Zealand

What I meant to say was... damn that things looks nice. I'm just a sapphire snob, but wow, stunning piece there - really! I've always desired a GMT myself, hoping to find a GMT diver I like someday.

This watch looks great & the black strap suits it really well.
    I note its a monster at 44 mm Diam x 14 mm thick.
    I'd be very interested to know how the watch feels on the wrist & the circumference of the wrist in the pics.
    Also please, what is the significance of the "21600/hour vibrations" spec?
    To me I can't see much point to the GMT function whatever that is, but it fits in with the trend nicely I guess.
    As others have pointed out the glass should be saphire, anything else in a large watch of this type is a nonesense, it will scratch excessively & in a few years will spoil the overall appearance.
    In fact in my experience, wearing similar watches daily for many years, its very hard to avoid scratches to the case & glass & any coloured bezel, the latter being usually designed to almost guarantee contact with Knocked objects. These days with scratch resistant coatings becoming almost commonplace, they need to be used as much as possible.
    The watch still looks great!!!!!
    Pete

Hi Pete,

My wrist is 7 inches around..

Cheers

Tony Lewis
    New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by nuj View Post
    hello,

Wow that's cheap. I was looking around for that watch and the cheapest I've seen converted to peso is around php8,000 (cdn$206 + shipping), its around usd$170 from roachman.com (cheapest I've seen so far). For php3,800 (cdn$98) that is pretty damn good.

How are you liking it?

Great review and congats for the very nice watch.

nuj,
    can you give me directions on how to get to the watch store in avenida? thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information