Orient Star WZ0351FD 200m Air Diver

Thread: Orient Star WZ0351FD 200m Air Diver

Orient Star WZ0351FD 200m Air Diver

Soon to be available from Orientwatchusa (rumored to be available only to forum members!) the Orient Star WZ0351FD 200m Air Diver Black dial.
    Also available in Blue and Yellow.

WZ0351FD Black
    WZ0361FD Blue
    WZ0391FD Yellow

Caliber: 46N4A
    Band width: 22mm
    Accuracy: +25 Sunーseconds -15 seconds
    Waterproof: 200m
    Power reserve: 40 hrs
    Thickness: 14.8mm
    Transverse diameter: 43.5mm
    Crystal: Mineral Glass with Anti reflective coating
    Other features: Automatic movement, Power reserve function, 21 jewels, 200m water for scuba diving (JIS1 species), screw down crown, divers bracelet extension.
    Warranty: 1 Year

This is my second Air Diver, Initially I was put off by the bezel on this model and dismissed it completely just from the pictures I saw.
    Then on impulse I bought the WZ0371FD (Yellow dial on rubber) I was very pleasantly surprised to receive the watch and discover I really loved the bezel! It has a distinct "coolness" that is really not conveyed in pictures!
    Fit and finish is near perfect. The crown is large, has large knurling, is easy to open and close and has a full 3mm worth of threads on the crown tube!
    The bracelet is a solid stainless bracelet with classic split pins holding it together, no pin and collar fuss here. the divers extension and clasp are traditional bail and push button release with a heavy scissor clasp.
    The Air Diver is thinner than the O/OS 300m diver so it wears a bit better with dress shirts but it has the same 46N4A movement and the dial finish is on par with the 300m diver too, lume is slightly less impressive than the 300m diver.
    The Air Diver is a clear step up from the "sport divers" and I believe other than the depth is on par with the O/OS300m diver. It's a fantastic watch that will get noticed!

I will take some pictures against a white background soon!

My Photobucket:

Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions.
    Dear Bronze watches, I'm Just not that in to you, it's not me it's you, your stinky, and tarnished and look like crap and I'm not falling for your lack of charm.

Re: Orient Star WZ0351FD 200m Air Diver

Really nice looking watch. I like the look of the dial and bracelet looks good. Where did you get it and how much? Love Orient have a Orange Mako and a Yellow Mako on the way.

Thanks for the review I have been trying to get a blue dial for a while now. I'm glad they will be available in the US.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Great review and excellent pictures. I have that same model (black dial) and it's a favorite for sure.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: real life pictures make ALL the difference with this model. All anyone ever sees in the stock catalog shots is the straight-ahead image of the bezel and I think that singular, limited perspective has potentially conveyed a negative first impression to some.

In fact, I like mine so much that it prodded me to get my first ever yellow dialed watch; this same model in yellow.

Just arrived today, and wow! I really thought I'd be taking an outside chance at best that I'd like the yellow, but it's awesome. Looks larger than my black dial for some reason; I assume that's due in part to the dial color.

These are really excellent watches; and absolute bargains at the prices they can be had for nowadays. Though they have their pros and cons for everyone, I think these compare extremely favorably (and in some respects surpass) both the much-lauded Seiko Sumo (and I'd be the first to admit that I'm a Sumo fan) as well as this model's bigger brother the 300m sat diver.

If you've got ~$400 USD to spend on a truly well-made and superbly finished diver's watch that has it's own style and unique look, you should definitely give this model some consideration It's absolutely worthy of and upholds the Orient Star brand very well.
    Last edited by scottymac; March 17th, 2010 at 20:28.

This has come up often in threads about the Air divers!
    I have said repeatedly that you just can't appreciate this model from pictures.
    I think the CFM*** planet orients are the same way, the tacybezel is comical but it's easy to forgive once you have it in your hands and see how much of the watch is just missing from the pictures.

The electric blue Omega Seamasters are the same way, you can look at pictures all day long and not have the beauty of that watch properly conveyed until you actually hold it in your hands!

Sure the Air diver bezel isn't for everyone but I suspect there are a lot of people out there who would never let it go if they gave it a chance!

My Photobucket:

Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions.
    Dear Bronze watches, I'm Just not that in to you, it's not me it's you, your stinky, and tarnished and look like crap and I'm not falling for your lack of charm.

Thread Information