Orient Submariner 2ER00004D

Thread: Orient Submariner 2ER00004D

Orient Submariner 2ER00004D

Saw this watch and thought... I wonder what that is like to see in real life.. so you guessed it.. went and bought one..

OK, so this watch looks very much like another famous brand.. and it is.. great homage watch in my opinion.. in fact, if I were to spend the money on the other brand, I think my wife would soon put her foot down about my 'odd' (her words) hobby..

Overall the quality of the watch is OK.. but not quite up to the standard of other Orients I have had.. but then it didn't cost that much either..

It keeps good time.. looks nice.. but it has a bezel that feels slightly 'sloppy' in its movement and the bracelet, while solid links, feels quite lightweight.. the lume is nothing to write home about..

However, for the price, it is still a very nice watch and I am pleased to have one.. A guy I know on another forum has upgraded the bracelet and says it makes a big difference to the overall feel of the watch..

Tony Lewis
    New Zealand

Re: Orient Submariner 2ER00004D

It's a nice piece with just the right amount of bling. Any more gold plating & it may be a put off for some. You are right about the bezel being sloppy - it shifts from side to side when moved (not rotated).

Bracelet could have been better, especially where the buckle meets the links. It scuffs the gold part quite noticeably.

But at this price...I can't really complain too much! The navy blue dial and gold is a fantastic combination.

If you get a new caseback gasket you can replace the bezel basket with a caseback gasket and it will tighten up the bezel perfectly!

My Photobucket:

Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions.
    Dear Bronze watches, I'm Just not that in to you, it's not me it's you, your stinky, and tarnished and look like crap and I'm not falling for your lack of charm.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

RPZ

Quote Originally Posted by anzac1957 View Post
    Saw this watch and thought... I wonder what that is like to see in real life.. so you guessed it.. went and bought one..
    Reminded me of George Mallory, who when he was asked why he wanted to climb Mt. Everest his response was, "Because it's there".

Thread Information