Orient Union (EV0S003W) short review
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TysonJones

Thread: Orient Union (EV0S003W) short review

Orient Union (EV0S003W) short review

I apologize in advance for my poor knowledge of English. I’d be glad to correct any mistakes in my review.

Orient Union is my first ‘serious’ watch, and I’m extremely happy with it. I really like the styling – for me, it occupies the perfect place between casual and formal. It might be a bit on the dressier side, but the stainless steel bracelet on mine adds to its casual nature. The textured dial looks beautiful in real life; pictures don’t do it justice. Depending on the light conditions, it can seem more metallic or milky-beige, and the contrast is really obvious when comparing it to the flat white of the day and date dials. Yes, showing three days instead of one is excessive, but I like how it balances the whole dial and makes it more visually interesting. Case is 40 mm in diameter, 11 mm thick and it has water resistance of 50 m. Any other information can be found on the Orient official site - FEV0S003W0 FEV0S003W EV0S003W | Orient Automatic Watches & Reviews | Orient Watch USA

There are some drawbacks though. Lume is very lackluster, and I’m not even sure why this watch needs it at all. The bracelet is also mediocre – it has folded links and it rattles, so I plan to swap it for something better.

I don’t have any tools to measure the accuracy, but I never had any problems with it so far.

I think it’s a great watch, and I think it is massively underappreciated, especially in comparison with the ubiquitous Bambino.

Some pics:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OgXFWWz0gv4.jpg 
Views:	1741 
Size:	352.2 KB 
ID:	2576610
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cSgdjh1Ai6E.jpg 
Views:	1732 
Size:	560.3 KB 
ID:	2576618

Re: Orient Union (EV0S003W) short review

Great looking Orient! Welcome to the club

One thing though, I never owned this particular model but some similar ones...also based on some photos I see online, this model seems to have solid links? Albeit...a bit on the thinner side. Normal folded links almost never have the push-pin adjustment type as can be seen in the photo below I found, does yours look different? Either way, enjoy wearing it, I'm sure it would look stunning on a brown leather strap

JDM FTW

My 2 ultimate grails are VFM and TOTC.
    A good read is like medicine for the brain.

HUF

The bracelet looks fine, solid links, not folded as far as I can see (not solid end links though). A three-date window is sure excessive. My Advancer comes with five-date window... You will be happy with the accuracy of the watch. If you figure out right overnight position, you may not need any adjustments for months. Nice, practical, quality everyday watch. Enjoy! Your English is excellent. Thank you for the review. Bambinos are good-looking and inexpensive watches! They are a bit overrated, I agree:)
    Last edited by HUF; February 4th, 2015 at 02:46.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

mine says Hi, first thing I did was remove the bracelet and put on a CB strap and couldnt be happier. Crappy bracelet.

Name:  IMG_20150302_060956.jpg
Views: 1348
Size:  294.9 KB
    Stu65 likes this.
    My current stable plus about 20 un-shown

Omega Seamaster Smpc, 56 Omega Seamaster Sub Seconds, Rolex Submariner no date Ceramic, Brietling Chronomat Evolution, Panerai PAM005, Tag Heuer Carrera Twin Time, Tag Heuer Formula 1, Tag Heuer Aquaracer Calibre 5, Steinhart Ocean 44, Hamilton Khaki Pilot, Accutron Kirkland, Seiko SKX007, Steinhart Marine Chronometer, Seiko Baby Tuna, Seiko Monster, Citizen Pro Diver, 3 Citizen Perpetual Calender, Seiko Sportura Kinetic Perpetual 100 yr anniversary, Citizen Golf Titanium, Seiko Sea Urchin, 73 Accutron, 5 Gshocks, 2 Timex Ironman, Citizen Avion, Orient Mako, Rotary Open Heart, Bulova Dual Aperture, Accutron moonview, Vintage Caravelles, Benrus Military Watch, Chase Durer Pilot Commander, Citizen Nighthawk, Orient Union, 8926OB, plus many many more.

Wow! Best picture of the black Union I've seen so far! Thanks!

Does anyone else have pictures of this watch on a strap? I'm very tempted to get one, but my office is really casual. I'm a little worried that this watch would look too formal. I normally wear a t-shirt or short sleeve collared shirt. I like the size of it, I have a fairly small wrist and don't want anything over 40mm. Feel free to recommend other options.
    Thanks!

Thread Information