Video Review: Orient Dual Time CDH00002B

Thread: Video Review: Orient Dual Time CDH00002B

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned

Video Review: Orient Dual Time CDH00002B

Video review available at www.youtube.com
    Last edited by MINIDriver; January 7th, 2010 at 17:35.

Re: Video Review: Orient Dual Time CDH00002B

FINALLY!

-Oren

Nice review. Good to see it in "action".

What's the lug width on this watch? Is it 22mm or 24mm? Or 23mm like the CFT racing skeleton?
    Current Collection (reverse order of acquisition):
    BREITLING Galactic 41|PROMETHEUS Poseidon|BULOVA Moonwatch|SEIKO Tuna SBBN033|BREITLING SO Abyss|SEIKO Pepsi Turtle-X|GRUPPO GAMMA Vanguard|OMEGA PO 8500|ORIS BC4-DM|JEANRICHARD Terrascope|JEANRICHARD Aeroscope|PERPETUAL T-04|BENARUS Moray Vintage|PANERAI 560|LONGINES Heritage 1973|SWATCH Sistem 51|TUDOR Black Bay|BENARUS Moray 42|Ocean7 LM-7PVD|STOWA Antea KS|SEIKO GS SBGR051|G-Shock GS1050B|G-Shock GW7900RD-4|SEIKO SDGA001 EPD|PANERAI 312|BALL EMII DLC|BREITLING Airwolf (circa 2009)|BATHYS HAWAII AquaCulture Rose Ti|SEIKO Ananta SD GMT|BREITLING SuperOcean(circa 2007)|G-Shock Riseman|SEA-GULL M185SP|ORIS F1 Chrono '08

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GX9901 View Post

What's the lug width on this watch? Is it 22mm or 24mm? Or 23mm like the CFT racing skeleton?
    Glad you enjoyed it. I am not wearing the watch at the moment, but when I get home I'll be happy to get a lug measurement for you. I suspect the lug size used in this watch is a standard size that would allow swapping the factory leather band with an aftermarket one.

Quote Originally Posted by GX9901 View Post

I took mine to a jeweler yesterday to check their strap selection. They had one of those sizing cards, and determined the lug width to be 22mm. (I think I'd said 20 in the past. . . apparently my measurement was off.)

Great review, MD.

Nice review as always and a lovely watch Frank. Thanks for all the time you put into them!
    "You've stolen my heart, yes You have, You've wiped away the stains, broke away the chains, yes You have!" Leeland

Hey MD! You're quite the enabler, aren't you? Lovely review, as always!

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell

Banned

My pleasure guys! Not only I enjoy making them but I also think that they help convey the "real life" look and feel of a watch a little better than a photograph. Having said that, I always enjoy appreciating the excellent photographic work skills some of you have.

Banned

I think these new CDH series of watches from Orient are supposed to help mark the 60th year anniversary of the company. Orient Watch Co. was founded in Tokyo, Japan in the year 1950. Orient is a household name in South America, Asia, Japan, and parts of Europe. However, for the better part of six decades, North america was largely absent from their worldwide marketing and sales distribution strategy.

I am eager to see what Orient has up their sleeves in terms of new watches and movements for this milestone celebration. There are rumors of the return of the M-Force series of Orient Watches (They were discontinued a few years ago) and other interesting offerings.

The 48K40 movement used in this watch is not used on any JDM Orient Automatic or Orient Star labeled watch that I am aware of. It will be interesting to see what Orient has in store for this movement and other models will branch from it. It also seems to me that this caliber will also mark the beginning of a product transition towards hacking movements across the board. One of the biggest criticisms of Orient watches is the lack of hacking and hand winding features in their in-house calibers.

We'll see what 2010 has in store for the Orient brand.
    Last edited by MINIDriver; October 9th, 2009 at 23:47.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information