You Tube Video Review: Orient World Timer CFA05001B

Thread: You Tube Video Review: Orient World Timer CFA05001B

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    In Exile...
    Posts
    5,606

    You Tube Video Review: Orient World Timer CFA05001B

    Video review available at: www.youtube.com
    Last edited by MINIDriver; January 7th, 2010 at 17:36.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    34

    Re: You Tube Video Review: Orient World Timer CFA05001B

    Great review! . . . This is worlds better than the overviews that Orient has running on YouTube. I just ordered an Orient CDH00001W this morning - but had I seen your video first, I might've had a tougher decision!

    Beautifully done. Inspiring, even. Thanks for posting this!

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    In Exile...
    Posts
    5,606

    Re: You Tube Video Review: Orient World Timer CFA05001B

    Well, congratulations! I also happen to own that same watch your ordered today, but model CDH00002B with the brown strap. Keep your eyes peeled for an upcoming video review.

    Last edited by MINIDriver; October 3rd, 2009 at 00:36.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    90

    Re: You Tube Video Review: Orient World Timer CFA05001B

    Great review. Thanks!

    Seeing it live in a video is much more appealing to me than looking at the static photos. I almost surrender to its appeal and pull the trigger any moment soon!

    The only thing keeping me from doing so is my coming trip to Tokyo next weekend. I will hold back till I am back from Tokyo.

    Hopeful I can find a bargain there and buy it in Japan. I am also eyeing a Japan domestic variant of this CFA05001B (or Japan model # WV0041FA) which model # is WV0051FA and comes with a grey color surrounding the sub-dials.

    One question: Can both the 24Hr ring and the Cities ring be rotated independently?

    Thanks again, MiniDriver.
    Last edited by dancheng; October 3rd, 2009 at 10:44.

  6. #5
    Member kiwidj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    ~TYO~
    Posts
    37,143

    Re: You Tube Video Review: Orient World Timer CFA05001B

    Nice review on a good looking watch. Thanks for sharing.




  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    34

    Re: You Tube Video Review: Orient World Timer CFA05001B

    Quote Originally Posted by dancheng View Post
    One question: Can both the 24Hr ring and the Cities ring be rotated independently?

    Hey Dan -

    Sounds like they can be. In the video, MiniDriver explains that the screw-down crown (top) adjusts the time, date and 24 hour ring. The lower crown (which doesn't screw down) adjusts the city names.

    Beautiful watch!

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    34

    Re: You Tube Video Review: Orient World Timer CFA05001B

    Hey, question for you MiniDriver. I'm new to collecting watches - and I've noticed in your video reviews of this watch and others that you don't remove that sticker from the caseback. Is that for a reason that I need to consider for myself when my watch arrives? . . . I just love the idea of ripping that sticker off, first thing, so I can enjoy the exhibition back!

  9. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    In Exile...
    Posts
    5,606

    Re: You Tube Video Review: Orient World Timer CFA05001B

    Quote Originally Posted by dancheng View Post
    Great review. Thanks!

    Seeing it live in a video is much more appealing to me than looking at the static photos. I almost surrender to its appeal and pull the trigger any moment soon!

    The only thing keeping me from doing so is my coming trip to Tokyo next weekend. I will hold back till I am back from Tokyo.

    Hopeful I can find a bargain there and buy it in Japan. I am also eyeing a Japan domestic variant of this CFA05001B (or Japan model # WV0041FA) which model # is WV0051FA and comes with a grey color surrounding the sub-dials.

    One question: Can both the 24Hr ring and the Cities ring be rotated independently?

    Thanks again, MiniDriver.

    My pleasure

    Check and see the prices in Japan before you buy. The JDM version of this model with the gray contrasting dial retails for 60,900 Yen (Around US$679 at current exchange rates). The international version of the Orient World Timer CFA series retails for US$600 but you can get an instant 30% off coupon from Orient Watch USA that brings the price down to US$420 delivered to your door (I paid for mine US$300 when they had the 50% off coupon).

    So unless you can get the WV0041FA JDM version of the watch for at least or less than US$420 in Tokyo, I would forgo the grey dial accents and go with the CFA05001B instead. They are both the same watch pretty much.

    Unfortunately the US Dollar is still weak against the Japanese Yen.

    And to your last question.... Yes both rotating dials can be set independently and the 24 hour ring dial can also be adjusted in 30 minute increments using the 2 o'clock screw down crown. The cities rotate with the 4 o'clock crown.

  10. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    In Exile...
    Posts
    5,606

    Re: You Tube Video Review: Orient World Timer CFA05001B

    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessionalGun View Post
    Hey, question for you MiniDriver. I'm new to collecting watches - and I've noticed in your video reviews of this watch and others that you don't remove that sticker from the caseback. Is that for a reason that I need to consider for myself when my watch arrives? . . . I just love the idea of ripping that sticker off, first thing, so I can enjoy the exhibition back!
    Yes, actually, that is a very bad habit of mine. Indeed, it is best to remove all stickers from your new watch including the caseback. You don't want moisture to be trapped in there. Also defeats the purpose of your new beautiful see through case back.

  11. #10
    Member dsena1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    421

    Re: You Tube Video Review: Orient World Timer CFA05001B

    Fantastic review. After watching this review and your review on the racing skeleton my Orient must have list just increased by two!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •