Interesting day ahead - interesting watch on my wrist: MKII's Tornek Rayville
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Interesting day ahead - interesting watch on my wrist: MKII's Tornek Rayville

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Interesting day ahead - interesting watch on my wrist: MKII's Tornek Rayville

This weekend, the biannual Concours d'Elegance is held in my hometown, on the front lawns of the Royal Palace. Only a few hundred meters from my house. 100s of classic cars attending, a real concours like Pebble Beach (with even stunning cars!) and a 500m sprint on the King's Lane.

Now, what watch to wear on this occasion? Mmm, since there are a lot of really exotic cars on display, an even exotic watch would be in place, I think. Hence my choice to pick Bill's Tornek Rayville today, on a vintage strap. Man, things look great today!

Menno

Name:  P1100415.jpg
Views: 2057
Size:  247.2 KB

And to give you an idea about the atmosphere of the event, here's a YT vid of the Sprint in 2010.

Dive watches; not only for underwater

Re: Interesting day ahead - interesting watch on my wrist: MKII's Tornek Rayville

Great choice for the occasion, Menno. Is the weather cooperating?
    Post / share some pics if you would.

RonB

Re: Interesting day ahead - interesting watch on my wrist: MKII's Tornek Rayville

Quote Originally Posted by MHe225 View Post
    Great choice for the occasion, Menno. Is the weather cooperating?
    Post / share some pics if you would.

RonB
    Weather is perfect. 19 degrees C, windy, shattered clouds. No rain forecast. Tomorrow will be less: showers.

My friend and fellow TR owner Raymond attends the Concours: a two day competition to select the 'best of show' car. Today, there's a 'best of class' competition and winners and runner ups are invited to participate in the 'best of show' competition. Raymond is a seasoned veteran when it comes to winning prizes. Over the last 10 (!) years, his car has won numerous awards. This Concours show however, is a first timer for him. I've included a few pics of his car. Mind you, he already owns the car 11 years now and is driven on a regular basis. It's no trailer queen! Rain, sunshine, no matter what - he's using his car!

So, Raymond came over to my house yesterday and started prepping the car. Since he's living 200 kms south, my garage (only 800ms away from the showground) is a perfect place to start the preparations. This morning, he collected the car from my garage and went for the 800m dash! I'll be joining him soon!

My TR looks great, but compared with his...

MHe225 and serdal23 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Jealous - looks like a blast! Good luck, and let's see pics (or better yet a video of you and the car and the TR-1000).
    Cpotters

The Line-up:

Tudor 7928, Bunch of beat-up old Rolexes, MKII Custom Stingray 50, MKII LRRP, MKII TR-1000, MKII Kingston, Benrus Type I, Benrus Ultra-deep Super-compressor plus other super-Cs, 60's Zodiac Seawolfand Super Seawolf, Breitling Chronomat, ...

and lots of other vintage stuff.

I love old cars. That's a nice watch, too.

Have a great day and post some photos if you can.

Such a great watch.

That!s a beauty, and the car is, too ;)
    I envy you, looks like a great and fun event.
    I'll be waiting for some more pics, please post some if you can.
    And the best of luck for you and your friend!

Cheers,
    Galpo

Through iPhone

Just returned from the venue. My oldest son and I had a wonderful afternoon. My friend Raymond won the National Championship (out of ± 250 wonderful classic cars). Not only 'Best in Class - he became Overall National Champion). Tomorrow, he will attend the international Concours with fierce competion of heavy hitters: (1916) Stanley Steamer, Bentleys etc. That will be the ultimate test! I didn't have time to take pics of the TR and cars. I've seen some great watches on the viewers' wrists: Speedy, Chopards, Glycine. But no MKIIs...

Menno

Best in Class: Olive yellow TR2. I've never seen this color irl.

My friend Raymond's TR3A:
    Last edited by Thieuster; June 23rd, 2012 at 18:19.
    MONVMENTVM, cpotters and serdal23 like this.

Banned

Fun stuff. Thanks for posting.

Menno every time I see that watch I know I have to have one as soon as Bill starts up again. It is beautiful. Thanks for the photos.
    N
    serdal23 likes this.
    Caveat lector

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information